• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What if?

Give that man a ceegar

I'm tired of break ins on qso's because a idiot with a converted radio thinks they can TX where they want with; hola hola hola hello hello "whistles" hoots and hollars.

Oh and the whistling claiming there warming up there linear give me a break already.

Its kitkat time.
Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

I'm tired of break ins on qso's because a idiot with a converted radio thinks they can TX where they want with; hola hola hola hello hello "whistles" hoots and hollars.

Oh and the whistling claiming there warming up there linear give me a break already.

Its kitkat time.

I don;t agree with export radios being banned... some are very good... others are junk (most of the Galaxy line... :whistle: )

I really don't get why people think they need 500, 750, 1k, 1500, 2k, 5k... 200watts or less will get you were you want to go...

I have many converted/export/freeband radios but I stay away from 28MHz... simple as that... however I do find 27.555 to be VERY interesting...

(I have 2 HR2510s, Galaxy DX 77HML, some RCIs, Galaxy DX 959 w/ extra channels... and many other radios...)

I will likely be doing away with most of my converted/export/freeband gear when I get my 'ticket'... it's just not the right time for me to do this right now

Ya, lets Blame the radio, not the Idiot operator behind the Mic.

I am sure that you got rid of all your converted radios Right?
Not a personal attack, but why blame a piece of radio equipment because someone can not stay out of ten meters.....
Don`t blame the radios, they just sit there until someone keys the Mic.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person

Its kitkat time.

Well how do you warm up your leanyear.

Something made in the U.S that would blow away all the foreign made radios....and would be at a price anyone could buy.(y)

CPI in Partnership with Palomar ( the real Palomar electronics in Ca) Started to build some really nice Programmable Radios under the Digi-Com Label until Cobra and EF Johnson moaned and cried to the FCC and they pressured CPI/Palomar to stop production.....even after the Radios`s had been Type Accepted by the FCC themselves `s before allowing the sale of the radio.
I think Cobra knew that the 2000B would strip the sales of there cobra 2000.
The CPI 2000B base radio was a great radio before they stopped building them in the mid 80`s.
They included a built in , low noise pre-amp ( that same circuity was used in the stand alone Model CP-1 Range Plus Pre Amp) as well as a 8 pole crystal filter that gave the rig great adjacent channel rejection.

The TX had a switchable Built in Speech Processor/Compressor ( again the same circuity was used in the stand alone CPI "Talk Power" speech processor that was very popular) fet mic pre-amp, And another great feature is the radio was built with modular construction that was easy to work on .....not that they broke down much, these radios would work into high SWR all day long and not break a sweat because they built the radio to be almost bullet proof.
The Owners manual stated the radio`s TX mismatch tolerance was "infinite VSWR at all Phase angles".
You could unhook the coax, and tie a rubber band around the mic transmit into nothing.....walk away from the radio, come back an hour later, hook up the coax and the radio still worked just fine.
The one down fall I found with the CPI Base station was that the used a single conversion RX.
I think this was cost driven, but having said that they still had good sensitivity in the receiver and did a great job with the radio over all.
The Base along with the BC 2000 Base Console ( 7-digit frequency counter for both AM and SSB, and in both transmit and receive modes,built-in receive pre-amp, an antenna tuner, a TVI filter, an auxiliary antenna switch and a 6-digit LED quartz crystal clock is an awesome radio station.
Add the CPI HF-150 class B solid state Amp with switchable filters for 10-80 meters...Ah hum ah OK well it was built for Ham radio, but ...well you know.
Yes, another great rig.
Thanks for the Picture.

Jeff
i didnt like my stoner. it was one of the best looking radios i ever owned but i didnt like the compresed sound of the receive and i got only average audio reports even though i tried 7 differrent mics
i have a friend who has the 10-80m stoner still in the plastic wrap and unused. i think he wants to sell it. pm me asnd ill pass along your info if your intrested then you 2 guys can talk turkey

i have a friend who has the 10-80m stoner still in the plastic wrap and unused. i think he wants to sell it.

No thanks, but if he put`s it on E-Bay with the right listing I am sure it will sell in the Hi $$ range.
Picture`s and a detailed history of Stoner radios will help drive the sale.
I do love the old rigs, but I do not collect....
just about everything I run now is modern.

Jeff

I forget exactly where I saw it, but someone on a forum had made a Magnum S9 into a base rig with a beautiful face. I've seen some articles on here about people wanting to build their own radios, well I've got a few scrap boards and one empty base case. I may end up rebuilding and making it the way I'd like one to be, slightly modified and such, but who knows what I'll plan and actually do.

Right now I'm riding percocet for an abscess tooth and don't intend on doing much with the stuff I got except talking a little local hash and trash.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.