• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is a good VHF/UHF mobile with wide receive

remote1

Feb 26, 2011
I am looking at 2 meter/440 mobiles to replace my old Kenwood 742 which is slowly dying (has been a great radio). I would like to find a radio that will receive aircraft AM and up to the 500 MHz band area. I know there are lots of HT's out there that have this wide receive. Are there a few choices for mobiles?

I have not kept up on the new radios for several years and have been searching the net and reading. Thought this forum may help with suggestions.
Thanks in advance everyone.

How about the TM-v708, TM-V700, or TM-v71A, or the TM-V710? I have all of them (except the '710) and they do at least what you've outlined.
- 'Doc

TM-D700 or TM-D710(?)

How about the TM-v708, TM-V700, or TM-v71A, or the TM-V710? I have all of them (except the '710) and they do at least what you've outlined.
- 'Doc
I think that 'Doc' ( that is my nickname in a crowd, too- not really a doctor but in memory of "Dr.Livingston, I presume" ) meant to say TM-D710 or TM-D700a.:unsure: I have the TM-D700a and a Garmin Rino120 GPS/FRS/Etc. handheld. The remote display makes installation of the Kenwood mobile easy, and the online software makes the radio much easier to use. Only thing needed is a serial port 'null modem' & cable to go with the free software. Otherwise, I rate it a 9 of 10 and probably will not part with the Kenwood.:D No experience with the TM-D710... sorry. 73 KB0MNM Jon

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.