• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is Your Favorite Export Radio?

Love My Galaxies on AM. I have a 88 and 95T. 88 in the mobile and 95T on the Base. Lincoln For SSB. Oh and I can't forget the best plain ol cb ever. Grant XL!!

my RCI-2970 talked all over the world..
My AR-3500 was the best though..
(with astitic M6 hand held power mike with tone and using a palamar D-2500 mobile antenna)

now i have moved up to far far better equipment..
but at times (especially using my AR-3500) i miss thse days of getting it done in the car on a mountian top and destroying all those base set ups....HeHe

i never needed an amp-linear (then or now)
but then now i use Icom's IC-7000
(706 MKIIG for back up)

Later

maybe it's just by ones personal ear hole ? but those old 148s and Grant XLs have some very large and robust type audio and the thing about those is all they need is just a little turn up out of there boxes to do what they do. They also seem to handle just about any kind of desk mic you put on them....my favorite being a Shure 526-T ...best damned audio I ever heard to this day on any CB radio off a 148GTL/Cobra 2000 /Grant XL ....but hey !! they ain't no export radio anyway. I think there's just all kinds of styles of "Loud" (-:

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
Lazybones1222 said:
RCI 2950DX for sideband, General AP Hill or General Lee for AM, though my Uniden Grant XL has better audio than the Hill/Lee.

man, that must be a great tuned grant to beat out a lee or hill on am audio. those things are loud!!!

Justin from Communication Experts tuned that Grant, and the AP Hill for that mattter. :D

Lazybones1222 said:
BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
Lazybones1222 said:
RCI 2950DX for sideband, General AP Hill or General Lee for AM, though my Uniden Grant XL has better audio than the Hill/Lee.

man, that must be a great tuned grant to beat out a lee or hill on am audio. those things are loud!!!

Justin from Communication Experts tuned that Grant, and the AP Hill for that mattter. :D

i guess everyone has thier own opinions. i just dont think that any cb can have the loud audio of a connex/general if tuned right.

I believe that the Uniden Grant XL, Old Cobra 148, and Uniden Grand Lt have great audio. Some of the components in the audio stage can be upgraded. Also one of the transistors can be removed bypassing vr7. Limiter r131 stays intact and the audio is very loud and clear.

I probably have worked on 2-4 a week for the past year so that is why I believe this to be true.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.