• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What kind of connectors go on BIRD line section.

That is a N-Type line section You put the slug in the side and hook the bird movement to it with a cable.

www.nm3e.com the bird man has everything you need at a good price check this guy out before youbuy anything off of ebay

Thanks for the link NJ 124. The connectors I was asking about are for the meter. His site referes to them as "DC" connectors. I'll need a couple of those too.

That's the connectors I was looking for. Kind of pricey though. According to Henry's website they are BIRD propriety(sp) so I guess that why they cost so much.

Uh, Toll, you don't mean this one, do you?

80mcbx2.jpg

I think Amphenol's number was 80-MC. Used on every high-school PA system until 1965 or so, when they figured out low-Z mikes are better with a long cable on them.

First thing I ever built that was any good was a Knight-Kit VTVM, used this socket for the DC probe. Heath's VTVMs did, too. Changed all mine to 1/4-in. phone plugs before long.

This plug works to sub the Bird "DC" plug only with a LARGE bump of solder on the center hole. Kinda flaky, once the solder gets pushed down and starts to tarnish. The PL-259 idea with the center pin ground nearly off is more solid.

Hosfelt Electronics has the plug above for 99 cents. It's their pic, too. Their stock number is "MC1". You decide how much trouble it is to adapt one of these, in place of the Bird proprietary plug. If your line section is mounted with clearance around it, this works okay. If your line section is mounted in a model 43 case, you need the low-profile right-angle "Bird" plug. A substitute won't fit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.