• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what microphone?

Chong

Feb 5, 2006
DX land Ohio
Hello I am looking to get a new mic for my Icom IC-751 i was wondering what all of you ran and if you had any recommendations because the hand mic really doesn't have good audio on it. Let me know i was thinking either a heil mike or a D-104 if it would work on my rig. So im open to any suggestions haha. thanks for your input
-Dustin KD8EPC

Chong,
I would recommend the Heil, and the HC-5 cartridge. I'm not sure about the Icom's but I think they require a special adapter? Not a biggy, Heil has them. All I can say about them now, it that they have sure gone up in price! Still good mics though, makes you sound just like yourself. (Then again, that may not be what everyone wants.) If you're into the 'audio' thingy, Bob Heil also has studio mics, holders, mounts etc. (I don't recommend that, but I'm cheap!)
- 'Doc

hehe

yea im just looking for something that will give me better audio my mic i pretty much have to eat to be understood i really don't like that to much. I mean if it was a headset mic i wouldn't mind but i just don't enjoy eating the mic ya know? thanks for the suggestion ill look into the mic you recommended.

73 - Chong KD8EPC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.