• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What micto use

Cartoon Man

May 19, 2006
Hello all,

I have a stock, (no tune, no swing kit... ect.) DX949 and looking to change the stock mic. I am thinking of the 636L or the road devel power mic. Is one one better than the other in a mobile on a stock radio? I am just getting back into the radio thing. The last radio I had was way back, it was a tube radio.....

Thank you

not tuned ? I'd go with the RD (amplified NC) ,tuned I'd go with the 636 (non amplified NC) or stock mic. Power mic's have become a thing of the past for me , no real need with a good tune on these radios of today, I use a RK-56 NC mic ,no back ground noise in the mobile and helps from over modulation , but that's with a tuned radio. You might conceder getting your radio properly tuned but they will still work without. Good Luck to you.

Thank you Switch Kit,

Do you know any good tech/place to get a radio tuned in the Detroit area? It's hard to find a good one without having to mail it some where....

Thanks again....

Hey Switch kit,

had the radio checked out and to my supprise it DKs at 4 and swings to 22!
Swap antenna from a Firestick 5' to a francis f'glass 8' and does she talk now....
Haven't changed out the mic yet, every one tells me it's loud so I will get a 636L soon.

Thank you all for your input.....

Cartoon Man

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.