• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what to do with older 959 dual finals or rfx75

johnecashflo

Wish I Was Here
Mar 26, 2007
INDIANA
i just got a galaxy 959 2007 model year ..should i get the dual final kit 30.00 or the rfx 75 44.00 ?..and what can i expect from the dual finals..btw the kit is the 2030 erf kit..thanks for all the help on the forum..

Oh wait, by "older" I thought you meant one with a 2SC1969 final. But I see now you have a 2007 model, so I think that already has the IRF520 final in it?

Stay away from the super ears mod, you'll blow the front out of your radio. also, if you do the Schottkey diode mod, don't use the 1n4001. I believe the one to get is the 1n6 or 1n64 something like that. They are hard to come by, but really make a difference. Someone on this forum may be more familiar with the model number than me, but it is somewhere along those lines.
I think I would do some of the mods here instead, unless you need to replace the finals anyway (except for that "super swing modification (npc stuff))

The Defpom EPT06960Z Galaxy 949 / 959 modifications

Personally, if you're not happy with a simple peak and tune, then you bought the wrong radio.

well ive got many radios i was just thinking of trying something to this radio..when you get a radio and have next to nothing in it why not try to improve your skills..im just a home hobby guy lokkin to try something differnt..and a dual final 959 would be differnt RIGHT

If you do the RFX-75 have Doug at CBR do the work. He seems to be out front in terms of knowing how to get this done right. They are also working on a new version RFX-75 that is more SSB friendly. Thats already a pretty new version of that radio.

thanks for the reply guys, im more of a doit yourself guy already did a rfx 75 on a cobra 29..getting lots of good reports has crystal clear audio with plenty of punch..im not real worried about ssb..i think i will order the rfx 75 and try my luck with it..once agian i thank everyone for their replys and answers to all my questions

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.