• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats a president washington worth?

That and the rate of inflation might buy you a cup of coffee.

Around here, a radio like the Cobra 142/Uniden Washington (they have the exact same board in them, same radio) I usually sell for $100.00 to $125.00 in good condition with all the mods, and I can't keep them in the shop... they sell like hotcakes. The President Washingtons with the D858 chassis in them fetch a little more, up towards $150.00.

It really depends on what you want, and how much you're willing to pay. A Doc tuned Washington in good shape isn't out of line at $125.00, IMO.

~Cheers~

I have 3 of the 858 washingtons that I refurbed and 2 cobra 142 radios also refurbed them all last july. new caps and what ever else they needed. I would not sell any of them since I have them redone and all work like when they were new. the washigtons have the quietest rteceive of any radio I have owned. when I 1st redid them I thought the receive was low in them since they are so quiet.
I have been offered 250 a piece for the washingtons here in Okla when I am talking on them. I actually use a RK56 mic on them and not a power mic. auio is fantastic on all 3.

I have 3 of the 858 washingtons that I refurbed and 2 cobra 142 radios also refurbed them all last july. new caps and what ever else they needed. I would not sell any of them since I have them redone and all work like when they were new. the washigtons have the quietest rteceive of any radio I have owned. when I 1st redid them I thought the receive was low in them since they are so quiet.
I have been offered 250 a piece for the washingtons here in Okla when I am talking on them. I actually use a RK56 mic on them and not a power mic. auio is fantastic on all 3.

I have a President Washington I would like to get working. Do you know of a good source to get some potentiometers for it? The PO dropped it on it's face. I tried Radio Shack and none of them would be close to an exact fit (as for the length of shafts for the knobs) or wouldn't work at all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.