• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats so great about this base?

I have one of those radios... mine also was problematic when I got it. No modulation. These radios have a board that has adjustable speech compression, and 9 out of 10 radios have failures of this board. Why? People like to be loud, so they put a D104 or Turner mic on it. That overdrives the compression board and it fails. This board can be completely bypassed and then the radio will work fine. Mine had this compression board issue, and I had to to recap the mic audio section. Talks beautiful now. I need to do a full recap of the radio at a later date, but for now the radio works well.

~Cheers~

The main problem people have with Console Vs(I had two of these marvelous Radios) is cold-solder joints. Once you get that taken care of(Takes about five hours to do), you have a radio that'll crush the likes of a Cobra 2000GTL. I always ran a D104 UG-8 Non-amplified mic on mine. They're a good clear hot mic that drives the Compression Amp great!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.