• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats up W/ New Cobra 29

I wouldn't know where to look myself. Here's some on Ebay.
1 PC TDA2003 TDA2003V 10W Audio Amplifier IC New | eBay
TDA2003 - IC, audio. 10Watt amplifier. Case: TO-220/5.
TDA2003 - TDA2003 10W Car Radio Audio Amplifier
TDA2003 TO-220-5 - $0.60 : OrzParts.com, : Online IC SuperMarket Ship to Worldwide,Great and Transparent price
TDA2003:Amazon:Industrial & Scientific

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI1EA5E

http://www.rfparts.com/galaxyradioparts.html?dir=desc&limit=5&order=name
http://www.rfparts.com/tda2003l.html
In the photo is the one in my CRE-8900. It's a TDA2003L. All the one's I've seen on these websites look a little different except for the RFParts items.
gorvell1984 of Ebay said this,"This is genuine ST Microelectronics.
My supplier is in Germany, but I do not know what is the country made .
Hope to deal with You!

- gorvell1984".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
hi folks i have a cobra 29 classic built in 2013 and the adio chip had to be replaced it had a smd resistor i assume between two of the pins on the audio chip were it soldered to the board this SMD component was soldered across two of the pins i didnt notice it till i started unsoldering it and i first didnt replace it on the new TDA2003 but everytime i turned radio on it had a really loud motorboating sound in the receive so i resoldered it across the two pins and then it started working fine again the motorboating issue was gone and what i would like to know is what is the smd component resistor,cap,? and what is the value that way if i come across this again i will know what the smd part is and the Value
Thanks
Jim

Well if the part is "obsolete" but new radio's are being produced in China that still use the part that must mean it is still relevant some place just not in the USA. Just because a part is made in China does not mean it is automatically junk everything electronic is built in China from the parts in your car to the parts in your PC and TV! Very little is made in Japan, USA, Western Europe today. The trick is finding a good supplier out of China with a great rating and high volume sales. Preferably a person that does just electronics not women clothing and electronics! LOL They do have a space program, satellites, stealth fighter's and the like in China!

I heard some one was upgrading these to a 12 watt audio chip to replace this also seemed like some one was doing a wire to by pass some components and get more out of the audio chip. Anyone have info in this I'll second that its bottle necked the 1969 tip120 is a waste of time as it sits.

Looks like a cool little amp board for sure trouble is the real st tda2003 aren't made anymore and hard to find. There are lots of fakes on line or Chinese clones. That said the offical replacement from my understanding is tda2009A but it's a stereo type amp think it can be put in bridge and used.

Thanks for the information on the obsolete chip. I have no idea if the IC used on the board is a faker or real but I did hook it up to a speaker and it sounded pretty good to where my GF told me to turn it down.

Thanks for the information on the obsolete chip. I have no idea if the IC used on the board is a faker or real but I did hook it up to a speaker and it sounded pretty good to where my GF told me to turn it down.
The one on your board looks like the real deal to me. You have it hooked up in what a cobra 29?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.