• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats your favorite ANTENNA for moble and base for 11 meter?

Predator 10K for the mobile using RG-8X.

I also love the Wilson 1000 using stock cable.

Interceptor 10K for the base using LMR-600.

For mobile, something removable, a Radio Shack mag-mount works for me. I don't expect miracles so haven't been disappointed yet.
For base/fixed, I like horizontal antennas. My 'favorite' can be fed in a couple of places, one for horizontal, the other for vertical polarization. That particular one can be used on any band. Sometimes not the 'best' in the world, but it does work (also has worked remarkably well in a place or two places). No, it doesn't use coax for a feed line, and yes, it does use a tuner.
(If you think about that for a minute, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about :))
- 'Doc

I like a plain Stainless Steel whip for the mobile, or a Wilson 1000 mag mount, each fed through RG-8U.

Base works well with a Maco V5/8, again fed with RG-8U.

Horizontal dipole, 5-element fed with ladder line (to a tuner) would be nice, all aluminum, of course.

Mobile:
(11 Meters)
Most of the time I run A Predator 10K 27" shaft single coil. If I am going to go beat the bushes up in the hills, I switch to a 96" fiberglass/w a spring, its a lot cheaper to replace if I break it.
Base:

Jays I-10K Ground Plane

And A Maco M-103 on the flat side( its not up right now, but thats the one) for a beam.
Coax is 1318-FX

Jeff

MY FAVORITE IS:

10K w/ 22" shaft (Belden 7808A line)
Maco 5/8's ground plane.
Maco 5 element "flat" side - 36' on tower.
Belden 9913F - feedline.

mobile,

predator 10k 22" and 27" shaft while actually mobile,

base best performers,

avanti sigma4 hybrid 7/8wave
ham international BIGMAC
stock sigma4

100mph+ wind survival

avanti sigma4 ( double skinned bottom section )
i10k

antenna

I haven't found my favorite base antenna yet, I don't leave them on top of the tower long enough. Running a rebuit moonraker 4 right now, but have another old hi-gain big gun that I am working on which will probably replace the raker.Just somthing about those quads :) Run wilson 1000's on both cars and a old hustler center load on the truck. seems to work for me :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.