• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's your favorite 'vintage' CB rig?

I'll throw in my 2¢, favorite vintage base would have to be my TRC457 paired up with a Turner +2 SSB, and for the mobile, my they-can-pry-my-HR2510-from-my-cold-dead-fingers HR2510 with an Astatic 575M6.

73s
Greg

When I was in the Biz:....Hard to beat the
SBE Console II...Base
SBE Sidebander II....mobile
Great RX from both....built well...took a pounding....
I was never impressed as much with the "Commander"series SBE made same radios just extra junk added

EF Johnson: BLACKFACE for AM....still have (4)... they have not been on though in quite a few years....(2) still have original "banama"... :w00t:...mics on them...

My best one has Turner plus II mic and the add-on S-meter and RX pre-amp kit...
(RARE) was made by SONAR(I think)...TX / 15w output and "Sweet" audio...:D
All the Best
BJ

Mobile-wise, I'd have to go with the Cobra 138A, or the Midland 13-893. I have 1 of each radio, both in great shape. The Midland goes from Ch 1 to 27.555, and the Cobra goes from 26.765 - 27.505.

I have the 138A and the 40 CH version of the 13-893, the 77-893. Both are GREAT radios!!!

Since getting into radios in 1980,I've been around more than I could possibly count.My favorites would be the Johnson Messenger 223,Robyn T123B Browning Mk 3, Sonar FS3023. As for mobiles, There was a Messenger 323 that was great for bleeding all over town.A Cobra 132XLR, one of my best ones. Even tho I run a RCI 2995DX, I still like those oldies.Still have an old 1011C stashed away.Next on the agenda is to pick up a 101E, then learn how to load and tune it.

BEST VINTAGE RIG

The stoner pro 40 hands down. You'll know when you pull the hood on one of these things. I have never seen such high end work in my 35 years in radio.They were all built by hand one at a time and man does it show.Love my stoner. They will burry it with me for sure(y)

Check these two radio out ...

AR3500b_zps6e5b9d6f.jpg

KrisXL50-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Check these two radio out ...

AR3500b_zps6e5b9d6f.jpg

KrisXL50-1.jpg

Although i Agree..
Even though the AR-3500 to this day would Kick Butt compared to Most radios.. The Ar-3500 is a little more then a CB ( LOL )

It is more of a 12/10 meter all mode radio
(to be fair.. LOL )

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.