• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

when is an export really an export?

crusader

Jun 19, 2005
southwest england
i've gotta laugh,i want to buy a cobra 200,hard to get hold of in the uk and expensive, i know, i will buy from the U.S.and get it shipped over! every cb shop i checked out on the web and contacted says..... sorry we do not ship to the uk at this time,am i missing something here? i thought it was an export radio.

YIKES THATS A CRAPPY RADIO TO HAVE SHIPPED TO YOU IN THE UK ONLY FOR MULTIPLE RETURNS TO THE USA FOR WARRANTY WORK!!!

I returned mine 3 times, until finally Cobra gave me a new one, I didnt convert it, just sold it on ebay and stayed farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from another.

Others have had some bad luck as well

thats interesting H H, most reviews i 've seen have been pretty favourable,what would you guys recommend for the same price?the only other concern i did have was running the radio through an amplifier which will only take 20w ssb input.
i would'nt expect the world as far as performance, as they are after all only cb radios.thanks for your thoughts and 73.

sorry thats just the luck I had, I know Cobra has sent out several notes for repair updates.

I would get the tried and true 2950DX but thats just me

i thought it would be helpful to be able to see the controls in the car at night,i struggle to see my lincolns lcd display as it is at a slight angle to my driving position,so i thought a 200 or maybe a magnum s9 may be the answer.

ive had 2 200's go in under 24 hrs. as far as the s9 is concerned i have a very low openion on it. as a matter of fact i had it less than a week and sold it on ebay on monday. you cant see them at night either.

the stryker radios i belive you can see at night. the 2950's knobs are not lit but you shouldnt have to touch them at night. you guys are fm in the uk right? do you guys ssb as well? pehaps the clairifier is the only knob you guys might need to touch.

the galaxy radios like the 95t and 93t have a backlit display if i rember correctly.

Hey..

Not too bad..is called the King Cobra in europe
(i should charge a royalty...lol)..

I have heard mixed reviews myself regarding the cobra 200gtl
i sold one to a friend who loves it...
another friend of mine didnt like it..
most reviews say it is good...but who knows..

i would agree with the RCI-2950 or even the RCI-2970

but if one wants true Quality..
go to the 706 MKIIG..
a bit pricy for some perhaps..
but i never heard of or met anyone who disliked their 706 MKIIG
but then i moved futher up..lol..

but if is to be used simply for 11 meters..
how far are you willing to go..

Later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.