• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where can I find a Sony antenna?

Jun 5, 2011
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but where online(not an auction site) can I find a new Sony AN-LP1 Active Antenna?

I read this a while back but I want to buy from some place in the USA in case it has issues or whatever.

To improve shortwave reception at home or when traveling, I recommend the Sony AN-LP1 Active Antenna in addition to the Sangean ANT-60 mentioned above. The AN-LP1 is powered by two AA batteries, folds neatly, and fits into a convenient storage bag. While it is for indoor use only (it mounts in a window) or outdoor use only on days on which there is no wind blowing, it is an extremely useful addition to the owner's armamentarium.

If you wish to purchase one (it sells for about $115.00 including the shipping) there is an advantage and a disadvantage - and they are both the same! Currently this antenna is being sold ONLY by an eB@y dealer in Japan (just Google "Buyfromjapan" and then enter "AN-LP1" in his search box) -- but he is absolutely reliable and FAST - you'll have your antenna in less than a week by Express Mail - and he takes the usual major credit cards as well as PayPal.

I believe that using an AN-LP1 with an ICF-SW7600GR results in an almost "perfect" portable shortwave reception center.

The Sony AN-LP1 was discontinued awhile ago,they turn up on Univetsal's used list:

Universal Radio Used Radio Equipment List

There maybe NOS AN-LP1's but would have to call around.Another option would be the Degen DE31MS:

!Brc(DDwB2k~$(KGrHqEOKj0EvMp7fcHoBLztj)y)jQ~~_3.JPG

5f70_3.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.