• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where Did Everybody Go?

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
So M U C H skip today. It got quiet for a minute and someone called out (on 38 LSB) "where did everybody go"? I called back to 442 Tacoma WA and said "I think everyone is catching their breath and getting a coffee break - from all of the skip they've been talking the last three hours"!

The radio instantly came back alive - it seemed that everyone heard me and laughed and agreed. The conditions have been nothing short of G R E A T today. I got multiple contacts from Montana, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and Oregon, and S.California.
At this time, it is still happening.

Since there wasn't activity on the WWRF; you must have been on the radio today.
What were YOUR contacts today - and - what gear were you using?

Last edited:

That's great, Rob! I like that about "break time!" Here in the show-me state, there was actually very little skip happening whenever I listened. I was pretty busy most of the day, and couldn't pay a lot of attention, but the radio was really quiet whenever I did.

Base: Yaesu FT-757GX/IMAX 2000
Mobile: Midland 79-290/Francis Amazer

Send some of that skip out east, please!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.