• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where does everyone hang out on the hf?

123michigan said:
hello was just wondering where everyone hangs out on the hf, finally got a working antenna and would like to make some contacts.
kc8cvp

Depends on your license class. Are you a coded Tech or a General?

Usually while commuting in the A.M., I'm either on 20m or 17m, at least listening if my brain isn't awake enough to actually talk yet :). In the evening I drop down to 40 or 80 depending on conditions. Let us know what times you're around the radio and we can pick a frequency....

i usually been hangin arouynd 3.920 on the 80 meter lately, there is a upper michigan net there at 5 pm and moniter in the neighborhood most of the evening. Heard a couple operators a week or so ago yackin about the wwrf and was just tryin to see if i can make the contact.

17 meters during the day on weekends. 40 in the evenings, usually around 7.238.

Oh, hi Sam! ;)

Hey Steve, I also hang around 7.238 in the evenings. I like the relaxed atmosphere of the Rottenapple group. Listen for me and jump in, and we can have a QSO. I would like to personally invite all the Hams here on the forum to stop by and join in. A real informal group that tslks about everything from rigs and antennas to hunting and fishing. Just listen for KC0PZE with a big signal :p
Ed
KC0PZE

Cool! Yeah, they are a good bunch down there. Friendly, very welcoming, but not obnoxious or lewd. Great guys the RAG is.

I will give you a call. Perhaps this evening...

73!

high steve welcome to the wwrf. been havinbg a hrd timne copying rotten apples group here lately, foreign boradcast has been nurdering them here after work in the evening. I have been hanging close to 3.920 around 5-8 but i will slide up there tonight to make a call. 73's!

Made the contact with Ed just now on 7.238. He says you checked in Sam, where did you go?

There listening now.

Hey guys that was cool, just wish band conditions were a little better. Look forward to hearing more from you guys. Still listening.
Ed
KC0PZE

i have activity on 7.243, i diid try to slide in a contact but the freq is stil occupied so waiting for the check in to finish and i wi give ya aholler an 7.238, i did here ya good here steve rxed ya at s5,s7 so i am still there

Okay. I heard someone calling me...

As soon as the stations from FL and TX are clear we can hook up. 7.243....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.