• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

where to buy in So Cali

f-250ford

Apr 3, 2008
This is my first post so hello to everyone. I hope I put this in the right forum. I need to fine some where to buy my radio stuff here in or close to Ventura Cali. Frist I orderd a Imax-2000 for my cb base and shipping was the same as the antenna :angry: so did not get it but still want it. And now I will be getting my tech lic so I want to get a ic-7000 or a Yaesu ft-897d but would like to see them in person first. I hope these are good radios for a first timer.

Sparky is a great guy I have got parts from him before. I called him he said he would be happy to send me one but he did not feel right on the shipping cost becuse it is oversize box. what other shop would do that?
but for radio mods I will pay more to ship to him It will be done right the first time.(y)
I did fine one on the net closer to me but now I have to think do i want it on a tripod on the roof or a pole on the side of the house or a chemney mount.

I would avoid the chimney mount with the IMAX.

The IMAX does flex quite a bit in the wind and it would act as an extension bar and could cause damage to the chimney.

Tri Pod is most likely your best bet in my opinion

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.