• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where to buy power supply?

codeman

Recovering Crackerhead
Jul 10, 2011
I'm looking at getting a power supply to run either a magnum s45 or a Ranger 2950, so how large of a supply would I need and where would I find one? I would rather pick it up rather then have it delivered. Would an electronics store or computer store carry something like this?

I'll just be running about 70 watts max into a dipole antenna. If I like having a base station I would probably upgrade to a Ranger 2995. But I want to see how I'll like it with out shelling out too much cash.

I see Pyramid supplies at a few online stores but I really don't want to spend that extra shipping cost. Are there any other supplies that are lighter?

Last edited:

I had seen that on thier website , but I wasn't sure about it. Should it be able to handle a 70 watt radio? Thanks

Last edited:
you would be to go on the 19 amp/70 watts.... google megawatt- power supply
I have the S-400-12 36 amp.they also have the S-350-12 30 amp.....
I have been running mine for over a year no problems at all....there small in size
built in fan and very quiet....so about $55.00/$65.00 depending on which one
you choose...he also ships it priority mail, so about 2 days wait....so check out
there web site, good luck....and thats with the shipping...total cost...unless
you live in california like i do then they add ca. tax...the company is in ca.....73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.