• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

where's the dx?

I recived an email from my friend (Jon 306 in Ireland) about two weeks ago.
He mentioned in this email that we should be making contacts (US/Ireland) in about nineteen days.
I recived an email from him yesterday and he's beginning to hear south/central America and a few stations in key west. I hope this is a good sign.
I'm hoping the conditions are as good as they were from November through march 2014-15.
It not only was my first time back on the air since around 84, and back then I never operated ssb or skip for that matter.
Strictly AM local rag chew back then.
I do have locals but have very little intrest in non skip rag chew.
I enjoy skip more than I could've ever imagined. My fingers are crossed. Hope to hear some of the wwdx members spread out across the world. Good luck. 73.

Heard some California today in Florida. I didn't try. I don't have enough power or the correct antenna orientation. Heard alot of Texas last night (Wed).

Don't be worried about a proper antenna or enough power.
Does it help? Absolutely, but when you hear a station give them a shout.
It's the only way posibly way to make the contact. When the condition are right contacts can be made with a stock AM/ssb (4 watts/12 watts) rig and a mobile antenna. It's done all the time. Good luck. 73.
Heard some California today in Florida. I didn't try. I don't have enough power or the correct antenna orientation. Heard alot of Texas last night (Wed).

Reactions: Heavy Metal
On 27.385 LSB, liberty 357 from California near Disney was heard by me 808 and responded to me. DX is out their.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.