• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which Of thesewould you choose?

Still doesn't answer question about which one. In sense of power vs dollar cost the ought it's life and all.

Still doesn't answer question about which one. In sense of power vs dollar cost the ought it's life and all.

I get the feeling you want more than legal limit. Are we talking legal limit of 1500 pep or which one will just flat out do the most power?

Is 1500 pep is all you want the al82 will do it all day and is cheap to replace tubes. The 1200 will produce more power but the tube is expensive.

Are you just wanting a legal limit ham amp or are you looking for an 11 meter maul? If you're just needing a mono band CB amp there are better options for the money.

Looking into future if had to replace tubes and NO I don't run and amp hard if it says it will handle 50-125 watts of drive I'm the one who puts it at 75-100 or some where between 75-100 watts of drive. Since the AL-1500, 1200, and 82 have same transformer it's safe to assume it's got the thump behind it.

All give legal limit, but which will give most bang for the buck in long run if tunes fail and have to replace.

I don't see why this has to be so hard. Rf parts has tube prices on their website. It has already been said the 3-500z tubes are cheaper to replace.

Reactions: Crusher
My thought was same as 3-500z's are cheapest but never know on others. But it seems to have a good review as do other 3 and the Tubes being the cost they are is a big plus. And still get 1.5kw all day long out of them upto 1.8kH vs other two can get it loafing too but also upto 2.5kw which is extreme to me yet difference in 1.8kw vs 2.5kw is un noticeable.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.