• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why Smoke Free?

The best cleaner I have found is Evaporator Coil Cleaner. It is designed to clean air conditioner evaporator coils from smoke and makes them smell fresh. Graingers sells it by the gallon or if you know and air conditioner repair person he may sell you some. Just a thought.
Robert.

The best cleaner I have found is Evaporator Coil Cleaner. It is designed to clean air conditioner evaporator coils from smoke and makes them smell fresh. Graingers sells it by the gallon or if you know and air conditioner repair person he may sell you some. Just a thought.
Robert.

I wonder if a guy could use this on upholstery?

Smoke actually preserves finishes on certain radios but it stinks.

Ammonia will clean all the residue off but then the radio stinks even worse for 6 months. After that no problem.

Wwell when it comes to it, I think smokey smelling rigs are due to it being on a base station. I was wondering if this would also apply to units in the mobile?

Wwell when it comes to it, I think smokey smelling rigs are due to it being on a base station. I was wondering if this would also apply to units in the mobile?

If it's been around cigarette smoke, a non-smoker will not have any trouble identifying it as such, whether in a home environment or in a vehicle. I dislike riding in a smoker's car, whether he's smoking during the ride or not.

If it's been around cigarette smoke, a non-smoker will not have any trouble identifying it as such, whether in a home environment or in a vehicle. I dislike riding in a smoker's car, whether he's smoking during the ride or not.

Oh yeah! Look at the headliner of a smokers car. The upholstery stinks like an ashtray as well as anything else that is in the car regularly.

Ok Im sure this has all been said I didnt read through the thread but here it goes. Cig smoke sticks or leaves tar on the radio cases and covers like the inside of a car or truck where someone often smoked or smokes if the windows are not cleaned they have a tar that leaves a dirty smudgey look.

That tar can also get into a radio and its really bad when the radio draws in air for cooling with a fan setup this stuff sticks to the components and is sticky and will attract dust that cannot be blown out due to tackyness of the tar. Dust blanket on electrical compnents = blanket = no heat release resulting in overheating parts and we know what happens then poof!!

Also if you are not a smoker or dont smoke in your house or radio room once you unwrap or fire up a radio thats been in a smoking envierment you will most of the time have a bench that smells like an ashtray. How do I know this well its happened to me.

Ive had people say smoke free and when I open the box on arrival it smells of cig smoke and when fired up makes the living room smell like a tavern well there ya have it the generous person fibbed and would have been better off not saying anything about smoke at all and chose to go out of their way and lie GRRRR!!:blink::unsure::eek::censored:

Last edited:
Oh yeah! Look at the headliner of a smokers car. The upholstery stinks like an ashtray as well as anything else that is in the car regularly.
Have you seen cars who's headliners are drooping? you guessed it, cigarette smoke is responsible, chemicals in the smoke actually break down the adhesives used on the headliner.

Have you seen cars who's headliners are drooping? you guessed it, cigarette smoke is responsible, chemicals in the smoke actually break down the adhesives used on the headliner.

And people actually want to put something into their lungs that breaks down dangerous chemicals that were used to make those things. :blink:

Its crazy here in Wisconsin now that the smoking ban in public places went into affect last July. When Im out DJing or my wife and I actually go out we can wake up without our room smelling like stale smoke from our clothes and Kims hair doesnt smell like stale smoke her hair is long down to her @ss and would trap tha smoke like a filter!! :blink:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.