• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wife letting loose the funds

sandpiperx

Jan 15, 2010
Denton, Texas USA
Hello This question Is surrounding valentines day.. Looking for input on how to convince the lovely Wife (Ole Lady) How to release more funds for quality radio gear. I have some options myself but wanted some input from other more senior radio persons. I am on a mission so please show me the light...:LOL:

LOL
Markip

Hello This question Is surrounding valentines day.. Looking for input on how to convince the lovely Wife (Ole Lady) How to release more funds for quality radio gear. I have some options myself but wanted some input from other more senior radio persons. I am on a mission so please show me the light...:LOL:

LOL
Markip

Just buy it, she will be angry one way or another, but nice new equipment will help you to survive :)
Mike

Mine told me that all she will ever need is her cell phone...I informed her that there will be a day when that cell phone will not work ...and ham radio would be what it takes to communate outside the local area.....

I proved that to her on a trip to arkansas a while back,cell phone service was spotty at best for well over an hour while in route to destination....I had a 2 meter rig in the car and I had solid contacts without a single dead spot for the entire trip

and guess what,it worked!! :D

I just got an Icom IC 736 hf radio up and running ...much to her dismay ;)

I have been working the angles and she will light off about how she needs more cloths. I think I own freaking Stock in at least 3 malls here. She told me today From whatever forces are working my direction give her a good day Sun and I can spend what I need on new ham Radio when I get my tech class. SO Now what should I look for that will work to start working the ham bands..

:drool:

Markip

I would start looking at a radio that will do all bands all modes,something like an Icom 706 or something similar ...That way when you do finally upgrade to general or better you will have a rig that will do HF.

When you do take the tech test give the general class test a shot,you just might get your general class as well ...that will open up a good portion of all bands in the voice section of the hf bands.

I just got me a HF rig and I am having a good time working the HF bands,wish I would have gotten my general class ticket a long time ago

I agree on the forgiveness
It is always easier. Story of my Lffe.. LOL

She is a great gal! She is just getting used to my new and old sorta Hobby.

As far as the Icom. Thanks for the info. I just starting my research and What ever Ham radio I go with I really want to have the ability to partner up with my computer.

I will have about a budget of about $700.00 on my Ham setup .

I have a good 11 meter setup and My scanning setup is just about complete
I am also waiting for a computer interface to be installed on one of my pro 2006 scanners.

Life is good..

Hope of of you have a great VDAY.. :sneaky2:

LOL
Markip

If you want something you'll have to grow a spine and backbone.

Is that what it takes? Spine and Back bone! HMMM..
Well thanks I learned something new today..

Well you know She even lets me milk the Cow if I asked enough...

Life is good ! Very Good!
LOL

Markip :bdh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.