• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 1000 or 10K ?

B

Big T

I am trying to get some suggestions on which set up would be better. I have a Ford F250, would a Wilson 1000 mag mount on the roof or a 10K mounted my aluminum tool box be better? I know the 10K is a better antenna but wan't sure if it would still be better if it was mounted on toolbox instead of roof.

BigT
(1) Your right about mounting it on the roof....
(2) And your right about using a WILSON..
(3) Got the WISON 5000 Roof mount antenna.
(4) Your going to be a lot Happyer.
(5) The 10K is a great antenna but your going to have to wait for part's if you need right away.. That's the down side of the antenna.. I know becouse I HAD ONE also.. BYE BYE
Tom

I would give the nod to the 10k. If you get a long shaft single coil, it will be just as high as the wilson. The 10k of course will edge out the wilson 5k in terms of performance, every time. The difference is not uncanny, however. You will notice some long range transmit/receive improvement, but locally noone will even notice the difference unless you are keying on someone.

Thanks,
Josh

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Well...I have used both the 1000 and the 10k on the roof of my F150. So which is better?

In this operator's opinon, I would have to say that they are very close to having the same performance, with a slight advantage going to the 10K on TX. Now this is with just a small amount of power (400), of course the 10K will handle more than the 1000.

I have nothing against the 1000, they are what they are and they do work good.

One other note:
The 10k is mounted on the roof right now and I will in all honesty have to say that it has worked long distance DX into Europe and N. Pacific better than the 1000 could when it was mounted on the roof.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I could tell a noticeable difference going from a 1000 on my roof to a 10K on the roof of a small pickup. RX and TX. My friends think so also. Going to do some hillbilly antenna testing sometime soon. But the 1000 will never be sold. They are great antennas and much more user friendly. Im not sure about the toolbox part but both antennas talk great! Peace!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.