• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wilson 2000 trucker on magnet mount

boxcar112

Apr 13, 2010
Hello I have a wilson 2000 trucker 5 inch shaft that a friend gave to me I purchased a solarcon mag-518 5 inch magnet it says all internall connections are solderedn on different web sites to mount it on the cab of my ford ranger any ideals on how good it would perform or should I just wait and buy a wilson 1000 magnet mount should it perform just as good as a wilson 1000 mag the only power I will be running is what my rci 2970n2 puts out around 230 watts thanks for any advice.

you could try it. im not sure if a single 5 inch magnet will hold it on
or not.im thinking that antenna is light so it may hold. if not duct tape it..lol

My magnet came in today to mount my wilson 2000 trucker the magnet and coax looked cheap made so I went to a local truck stop and bought a bracket and coax to mount it on the bed I hope it works good no more magnet mounts for me.

My magnet came in today to mount my wilson 2000 trucker the magnet and coax looked cheap made so I went to a local truck stop and bought a bracket and coax to mount it on the bed I hope it works good no more magnet mounts for me.

If you mount an antenna that short to a pickup truck bed, you definately won't be happy with the performance.

Well I mounted the wilson 2000 trucker to the bed i'm not happy with its performance so i'm going back to the cb shop in the morning and getting a new wilson 1000 magnet mount thanks for the advice every body 73s from sidekick 112 in southern illinois.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.