• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 5000 rebuild

that was my choice as well. from what i have seen the 5000 appears to be finicky for some reason, totally different from the 1000.

if i had that mfj antenna analizer i would have tried to change the design. it seems to work ok as it is, but nothing to write home about.

being that their are those that have said that they have had no issues with them leads me to beleive that the Quality control issue is the heart of the problem with these antennae.

thank you

Yes they are good for doing that. I know the OP and we talked about this very problems years ago. I was seeing it a lot with the 1000’s though, rarely an issue with the Trucker style antennas and I personally never saw it on a 5000.

That coil will sometimes break loose from the ends it’s attached to. Take it off the mag base and check it for continuity and you’ll know if it’s broken or not. Hitting tree limbs seems to be the #1 cause, naturally.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.