1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Wilson antenna stud help needed

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by sp5it, Mar 2, 2012.

1. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

Wilson Antenna Heavy Duty CB Antenna Stud Mount (305-610)
    Antenna Mounts & Studs | Wilson Antennas

Can someone buy that for me somewhere nearby, put into bubble envelope and send to Poland?
    Can pay via paypal.
    In my country they are not avalaible.
    Mike

2. mackmobile43

mackmobile43 Jock Supporter

Sorry to say but those mounts are not worth having.

1 person likes this.
  3. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

Good to hear that. Which one is worth buying?
    MIke

4. mackmobile43

If you're gonna bracket mount barjan has a pretty heavily built one.

Barjan - Product Catalog

5. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin Staff Member

What is wrong with the 305-610?
    Looks like the Pro-Com...or the now infamous base ball bat tested Jerry Cash Mount.

Jeff

6. FWIU the SS wilson mount is fine . it's the ones with the bee-hive insulator that has problems because the piece inside the colorful bee-hives is two pieces that sometimes loos their connection causing a open circuit (read no antenna is seen) in the stud .

i would rather have something with a fatter base (like a firestick DM-4) to better support open coil antennas better .

New Firestik DM-4 & DM-4A Dome Mounts

7. nobody

nobody Member

8. nobody

nobody Member

Will they handle a large spring and 102" antenna off road on a 4X4? :) I've seen those at several truck stops near by the house and reasonably priced.

9. mackmobile43

If I were going to run that I would use the predator 10k mount from Kale Cavel.

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Active Member

stud

Anything should be able to handle a 102" whip with a spring. The only time strength becomes an issue is when you have a tall rigid antenna either heavy or large wind load. with a flexible antenna you don't need brute strength because the antenna dissipates any stress applied to it, so even Kales flimsy Barjan stud will hold up fine with a 102" whip. Think of it like this: grab the center of the antenna and bend it down 90 degrees. If the antenna bends, don't worry about the strength of the stud. If the antenna is too stiff to bend, then it might be time to buy a heavy duty stud.

11. rabbiporkchop

stud

I'm not quite sure why he would refer you to a product that self detructs at 11 pounds of torque, when this stud (although made in India) is still 1000 times stronger than anything Kale Cavel has built, anything Barjan has ever sold, and quite frankly, anything Mackmobile has ever owned. Feast your eyes on this stud
    Pro Trucker PTSM1SSHDX Stainless Steel Super Heavy Duty SO-239 Stud Mount - Stud Mounts - Antennas & Mounts

http://www.a1telecom.com/theshop/me...525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/t/ptsm1-sshd_web.jpg

A1 Telecom does not sell to the public, but you can go to anyone with a resale license and order through them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  12. rabbiporkchop

I will be more than happy to ship one to you for free. If you apply more than 11 ponds of torque to it you will crush the internal sleeve rendering it quite useless.

13. mackmobile43

Ole' Grampa/Marconi39zero is the only true antenna stud.

[​IMG]

14. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua Here!

Heavy duty stud

I just bought one of these studs for my 102" stainless steel whip. The so-239 end doesn't have a tension sleeve for the pl-259 plug. It has a hole that the pl-259 center plug would have to butt up to inside. The package came with some clear self adhesive film that I guess would be used to seal the pl-259 and the threaded hole from the elements. :blink: