• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Wizard Built" Question

Depends if the builder installed an RF sensing circuit for keying.

I have not heard any bad reviews on that Russian tube.

Not sure.

I never install a rf sensing circuit in any amps I build, but I do not build for 11 meters.

The builder can do it any way you want it. I put a extra relay in my driver with a on/off switch & use it to key it. jim/238

The builder can do it any way you want it. I put a extra relay in my driver with a on/off switch & use it to key it. jim/238

So you're keying a relay with another relay? why when a switch itself will to the same thing?

Really how much current goes across a switch when engaging a relay? not enough to even consider the use of another relay.

A keying circuit above ground of the amplifier is a safer way of keying any amplifier and especially one that has less than desirable construction practices which might cause an unintentional contact with mis-directed HV paths.

So if you choose to use a separate relay it should have it's own power supply independent of that of the amplifier being keyed.

So you're keying a relay with another relay? why when a switch itself will to the same thing?

Really how much current goes across a switch when engaging a relay? not enough to even consider the use of another relay.

A keying circuit above ground of the amplifier is a safer way of keying any amplifier and especially one that has less than desirable construction practices which might cause an unintentional contact with mis-directed HV paths.

So if you choose to use a separate relay it should have it's own power supply independent of that of the amplifier being keyed.
I was thinking of doing the same thing to one of my Mini Scouts.
I guess that idea is scrapped.

I was thinking of doing the same thing to one of my Mini Scouts.
I guess that idea is scrapped.

Made them several times here. Use them as keying buffers for the Heathkits.

A wal wart picked up at thrift store or yard sale, usually $1 will work fine.

A DPDT 12 v dc relay bought at rat shack is the relay.

A couple of rca female jacks and a spst switch for off and on.

Plastic project box from rat shack will keep everything insulated and isolated.

they work great isolates the radio from the amplifier.

If you want an rf sensing unit so it keys whenever the mic is keyed then just build one and put it in the rat shack project with a couple of SO239 connectors and it keys whenever the radio keys.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.