• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman HP-201S 1KW Meter

Probably just like dozens of others: usable, but nothing to write home about.

The eBay blurb says it reads "PEP POWER". No, it doesn't. It's average only, if you want to be able to trust it.

i had one , got it from sparky . it was accurate enough for my uses and has a metal case .
for $3 more sparky has the dual needle 202 that still does power but doesnt need any srw calibration .
SWR and Power Meters

hp_202s.jpg

I never ran one but was told by a few people they are close on readings or close enough to make them usable

Unless it has an internal battery, or an external power supply that powers something besides the meter lights, that meter does NOT read PEP. I know what the eBay blurb says, and I know it's BS.

Unless it has an internal battery, or an external power supply that powers something besides the meter lights, that meter does NOT read PEP. I know what the eBay blurb says, and I know it's BS.

Agreed. My Diamond SX-1000 is a far better meter and it has a switch for average or pep power reading. Even the manual states that the pep reading is only about 70-80% of what true pep is. All it does is switch in a capacitore to make the meter read higher. Without a powered circuit to sample the RF, a meter is NOT a true pep reading meter.

I have one of these, works very well. Its be spot on comparing to a Diamond. It has 5-50-250-1kw watt ranges. When I opened it up it has 5 variable resistor pots. a 203-204-102-457. I am wondering can you adjust the 250w and 1kw pots to to read 25w and 100w, either by turning them down on the 250 pot and replacing the 1k pot with something that will work with 100w. I will never have more than 50w from a barefoot. Obviously calibrate it with a Bird or similar. This way you have 4 usable watt ranges to fine tune or monitor, you just have to be aware of how to read those curves on the meter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.