• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wouxun radio

CaptHook

Mar 25, 2012
pomona NJ
I'm looking into getting one of these Wouxun radios ,and would like to know which one would work for me .I don't know much about them other than they are new help we be nice thank you Ron kc2lnb

Sorry, looking at the HT"s different brands to choose from would like to know what models are leading the pack .seem to be a tough little HT.

The only experience I have with Wouxun was an Uv-1p and although it was built nice, had a very good display the damn thing was deaf on UHF. I tried switching antenna's, resetting the programing and nothing worked. It could hear UHF business fine but the ham repeaters were bad. The TX audio was fine as was the RX (when it heard something). On VHF it worked fine. I discussed this with several other Wouxun owners and they were same opinion. So being that Wouxun would not be my first choice. I would look at the Baofeng UV-B5, I have one and it blows away the Wouxun I had.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.