• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTT Galaxy 99v for President Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

hank_612

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 3, 2011
Stl Mo
I have a nice Galaxy 99v I would like to trade for a president jackson or maybe a grant. I am no longer going to use the 99v as I am replacing it with a President lincoln that has been chipped and set up by doc. My dad had Presidents(and Teaberrys) back in the day so I want to set him up a President in his truck. I am in missouri. The 99 is converted and DK's 8 on am and swings to 30 on my cheap watt meter. I will guarentee it is not hacked up and that it sounds nice.

Thanks for reading

Umm I have to ask..... why downgrade to a jackson or grant with NO freq counter? stick that 99v in daddy-o's truck and call it good.. He probally be real happy for it..... Unless he sentimental and wants a president to relive the ol' days

I am sentimental and my dad hasnt used a cb in25 years, a galaxy would be strange to him. His last radio was a Teaberry stalker ssb 40 channel. I value nostalga over a freq counter echo robot voice changers ect

Umm I have to ask..... why downgrade to a jackson or grant with NO freq counter? stick that 99v in daddy-o's truck and call it good.. He probally be real happy for it..... Unless he sentimental and wants a president to relive the ol' days

Personally I would think it is an upgrade from the Galaxy.

LOL thats funny. To trade a sailboat like a Galaxy 99 to a real SSB radio is a win win deal. You were just being funny right?

I bought a grant but would still like to trade my 99v for a nice jackson. Bump

I have owned 2 Jacksons and they are low audio dogs on AM and halfway decent on SSB. The Galaxy 99 is one hell of a lot more impressive than a Jackson.
I would rather get lip locked with Betty White than own a Jackson....if that tells you anything.

to each his own. I wont be using the 99v or the jackson on a regular basis. I run 2600/2510/Lincolns chipped and doc modded right now. The old presidents are for nostalgia more than function.

The 99v's weakness is SSB stability. The Jackson's weakness is AM audio. They are different radios designed for different purposes. I think that is well known. :confused: Why do we need to keep rehashing that?

The 99v's weakness is SSB stability. The Jackson's weakness is AM audio. They are different radios designed for different purposes. I think that is well known. :confused: Why do we need to keep rehashing that?

Since you started the thread, it was only fair to give actual personal experiences with both radios. If you want an inferior radio, go for it....you have been warned.

It has been mentioned earlier in the thread.

I am more interested in SSB performance. A jackson tuned properly will outperform a 99v also tuned on SSB all day long and twice on sunday. Also as I have said I run 2600/2510/lincolns day to day. I want the president my collection. :bored:

i ran galalxy 99 before there ok .but the jackson if tuned right mine did
almost 40 watts on ssb. my 99 only did 25 watts on ssb and drifted terrible
nowdays only thing id use a galaxy 99 for is a paper weight..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.