• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTT TS500v for TS350HDV or 250HDV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hank_612

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 3, 2011
Stl Mo
My TS 500 works well but the radio I am using now is hotter than I am comfortable hooking to it. I would rather underdrive a high drive than overdrive a normal drive amp. Also my vehicle charging system doesn't handle 500+ watts well.

I am willing to entertain other AB1 biased amps offers as long as the ssb relay functions.

Mods please move the the proper forum. My bad

Last edited:

My TS 500 works well but the radio I am using now is hotter than I am comfortable hooking to it. I would rather underdrive a high drive than overdrive a normal drive amp. Also my vehicle charging system doesn't handle 500+ watts well.

I am willing to entertain other AB1 biased amps offers as long as the ssb relay functions.

Mods please move the the proper forum. My bad

you said you would entertain other AB-1 biased amps
what other AB-1 biased amps were you using.

I have a Texas Star DX400 all new lights ETC Ive had this since the 1990s and it was used mostly in the house and now isnt used at all and is packed away. It has 4 X 2SC2290 Transistors

Hank:
Turn Down the ALC in the 2600 until you see about 500/600 watts peak out of the 500 with the Variable wide open and the SSB delay turned on and you are good to go......really.
Then if you want to run it easy, punch in the Green Dial-a-watt button and do not move the variable on the Amp....this will pad the input of the Amp even more.
Put a fan on the AMP.
Trading for a Amp with 2 output transistors from one that has 4 output transistors is NOT the way to go!
It will be worse, MUCH WORSE!
IMO that 2600 is a great radio to put in front of the 500V.
Trust me, you are W A Y Better off with the 500 than a 250/350.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.