• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu 2100B- What a nice little Amp!

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
Just picked up a MINT Yaesu FT 2100b and man what a little beauty.... Sure blows those sweep tube amps I'd been running right out of the water...

I run exclusively AM with this particular Amp since I have had it... Those 572 B's really do a fine job... Much more reliable thus far than the KLV 1000 ever thought of being on it's best day...

I have really grown fond of the Paired 572 B's and am looking forward to picking up an Ameritron AL-572 with (4) 572 B's in them... The tubes are cheap, and they seem very rugged from what I have seen thus far...

The Yaesu is in MINT shape and not a mark on it, Has the original plastic etc... on the front... I have not pulled it apart to see if it has the original Cetron tubes... BUT... Output is superb and had no reason to pull it apart...

When I go to Re-Tube I will do it with the Taylor's no doubt...

High Miler said:
Just picked up a MINT Yaesu FT 2100b and man what a little beauty.... Sure blows those sweep tube amps I'd been running right out of the water...

I run exclusively AM with this particular Amp since I have had it... Those 572 B's really do a fine job... Much more reliable thus far than the KLV 1000 ever thought of being on it's best day...

I have really grown fond of the Paired 572 B's and am looking forward to picking up an Ameritron AL-572 with (4) 572 B's in them... The tubes are cheap, and they seem very rugged from what I have seen thus far...

The Yaesu is in MINT shape and not a mark on it, Has the original plastic etc... on the front... I have not pulled it apart to see if it has the original Cetron tubes... BUT... Output is superb and had no reason to pull it apart...

When I go to Re-Tube I will do it with the Taylor's no doubt...

Enjoy that amp. They are NICE amps, have their share of minor problems, but will continue to run for a long time.

I LOVE seein someone convert from a sweep tube amp to RF tube amp. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they grow out of their fondness for the PRIZED sweep tube amp, and realize what real horsepower is :)

After all, change in voltage is better than change in current. Change in 2700 volts = better than change in 600, no?

--Toll_Free

No Doubt Toll_Free... Once you try something with some REAL transmitting tubes... You'll kick that sweep tube collector into the closet, or in my case I sent the junk out the door NO charge to a friend of mine that thought he could make it run better... I would have felt bad selling that piece of crap too anyone...

Yes sir... There is no doubt that the sweep tube days for this boy are over... This thing is STILL rockin' on AM ... And I am a long winded rag-chewer... Still no hesitation from the pair of 572 B's... They are workin' their heart out and lovin' it...

I don't see how anyone would go wrong with a pair/quad set of 572B's... They work great!

Next set-up will be a Kenwood TS-2000 with an Ameritron AL-572B ... Should make a fine little station....

High Miler said:

HM,

When you get the Ameritron, do the power conversion from 110 to 220 and it will loaf along all day during your long winded QSO's as you state you like to conduct. I haven't done my conversion as of yet but am in the process of getting the 220 line installed. My station is located right at the breaker box now and I have my Ameritron slaved to its own circuit and it works great.

73's :!:

EDUK8TR said:
High Miler said:

HM,

When you get the Ameritron, do the power conversion from 110 to 220 and it will loaf along all day during your long winded QSO's as you state you like to conduct. I haven't done my conversion as of yet but am in the process of getting the 220 line installed. My station is located right at the breaker box now and I have my Ameritron slaved to its own circuit and it works great.

73's :!:

Too true.

Go to 220/240 and get 100+ more watts output, better purity and your amp actually works less.

--Toll_Free

I am running a SB200 with the same tubes. With 100 watts pep drive im seeing about 600 pep watts on am. What kind of numbers are you seeing High Miler? Im running DK at about 150 watts.

Mr Clean said:
I am running a SB200 with the same tubes. With 100 watts pep drive im seeing about 600 pep watts on am. What kind of numbers are you seeing High Miler? Im running DK at about 150 watts.

Hey there Mr. Clean, I have mine set at about 125 watts and swinging it to about 700 watts PEP ...

Thing is still running super...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.