• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu ARTS

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
How exactly does this work?
I am watching this video here:
Yaesu ARTS Auto-range Transponder System - YouTube

I am checking out the settings on my VX7r when ARTS or the internet key is enabled everytime i key the PTT a DTMF single tone is transmitted before my audio. What i am confused about is; how the AUTOMATIC CW ID works. I have imputed my stuff but it doesn't seem to do anything?

It's been a while since I messed with ARTS, but I recall that it's a way to tell if you're within range of another ARTS user. Since noone actually uses it, it's a pretty useless feature, IMO.

It's been a while since I messed with ARTS, but I recall that it's a way to tell if you're within range of another ARTS user. Since noone actually uses it, it's a pretty useless feature, IMO.

I am curious
I have it enabled. But what id like the cw id yo do is key every ten min on simplex or repeater. Is that possible ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.