• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu CAT Cable Question

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone,
I have a Yaesu FT-757GXII which has it's CAT cable , and a Yaesu FT-897d that doesn't have a CAT cable . What I'm wondering is will the FT-757's CAT cable match up , and work with the FT-897d , or do they each have their own CAT cable specific to the model instead of the brand ?

Thanks

The FT-757 looks like it uses a 6 pin mini DIN connector, and the FT-857/897 use an 8 pin mini DIN. I'm sure you can make an adapter to go from 6 to 8 pin, but it's cheap enough just to buy one for the 897 off of ebay or amazon. The CAT cable is also used to program the radio.

Reactions: Raccoon
The FT-757 looks like it uses a 6 pin mini DIN connector, and the FT-857/897 use an 8 pin mini DIN. I'm sure you can make an adapter to go from 6 to 8 pin, but it's cheap enough just to buy one for the 897 off of ebay or amazon. The CAT cable is also used to program the radio.
Thanks Dopple,
I thought that something like that might be the case. I don't mind buying the CAT cable for my 897 , but I already have the one for the 757 and figured I'd see if it would work with the 897 before buying another cable .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.