• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VHF & UHFand up

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Quote:>
Yaesu's tend to get a little raspy in the higher frequencies.

Just curious what this means?
Does it have to do with the audio on transmit?
If so how does this happen?

Where did you hear that? I have a Yaesu and haven't noticed that. I suspect it means in the audio range and could very well be due to running the filters W-I-D-E open on TX and pushing the audio too hard. Again, I never had an issue nor have I heard of this complaint before.

Where did you hear that? I have a Yaesu and haven't noticed that. I suspect it means in the audio range and could very well be due to running the filters W-I-D-E open on TX and pushing the audio too hard. Again, I never had an issue nor have I heard of this complaint before.

Eham, was reading discussions kenwood vs yaesu vs icom etc
Must be bs

I'm not a Yaesu fan but that has nothing to do with believing any of the reviews on eHam or any of the rest of those forums. At the very best they are only opinions by people who in general have no idea about what they are talking about. That's a generalization in it's self, but I've found it comes closer than I wanna believe.
For what it's worth, I haven't heard any of those stories about 'raspiness' with Yaesu either. Nor have I heard any raspiness.
- 'Doc

I'm not a Yaesu fan but that has nothing to do with believing any of the reviews on eHam or any of the rest of those forums. At the very best they are only opinions by people who in general have no idea about what they are talking about. That's a generalization in it's self, but I've found it comes closer than I wanna believe.
For what it's worth, I haven't heard any of those stories about 'raspiness' with Yaesu either. Nor have I heard any raspiness.
- 'Doc

But that is just the opinion of someone that has no idea what he is talking about. I mean generally speaking. Right Doc. :D JK

But that is just the opinion of someone that has no idea what he is talking about. I mean generally speaking. Right Doc. :D JK

I didn't say it i like all three major company's never had one complaint. I'm still trying to find the link where two hams said the Yaesus had a raspy audio past vhf.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.