• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaseu 8 pin to uniden 4 pin adapter

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Making an 8 pin yaesu to 4 pin uniden mic adapter so I can use my 4 pin mics on my standard 8 pin Yaesu radios without rewiring my mics. I made one years ago that was lost in a move. I cant remember the pinout I need some help here if anyone has the pinout handy.

Il have to dig my manuals out tomorrow if need be but figured someone here may know already. Eitherway Ill have to dig my manuals out eventually to make more adapters. Its nice to have these to test various mics out for a particular radio before rewiring them fo the radio.

All I remember if this is right is pin 8 is audio or white, 7 was sheild 6 transmit red 5 black.

Last edited:

Think that Redman's CB shop on eBay may have that adapter. Just bought a 5 pin DIN to 4 pin Cobra/Ranger/Uniden mic wiring. But I think I saw an 8 pin to 4 pin adapter there too. Think he charges $4.90 for them and that includes shipping . . .

I'm using one now in the 4-to-8 configuration for Icom. The 4-5/5-4 are that cheap but I believe the 8 pin ones are closer to $20.

These adapters are available everywhere. I purchased some Kenwood branded 8 to 4 adapters from my local ham store, but these are ubiquitous everywhere. Check your local CB shop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.