• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yeticom Optima3

How is the audio on these radios? I have read on other forums about low audio. But I do see yeticom upgraded the mics, so maybe that helped the problem?

I read his warranty policy. Whom exactly do you send the unit to for warranty? Also, his price is high, especially after adding shipping.

By Telecom's warranty center. I'll have my answer soon enough. I just thought I'd throw him into the mix and besides, he does good work on setting one up.

Man in all honesty the optima MK3 doesn't need to be tuned and aligned. This radio is good from the factory! It's a well made export radio, one of the best if not the best build quality for an export radio anyway. Like Duster stated, the only real thing that "might" need some adjustment is the AMC, and get rid of the stock mic, it's just too small. Don't know what it would cost for a DTB radio and not putting him down in any way as I know he is a good tech, but this radio is just a good one from the factory!! And most guys end up popping the lid anyway to see what's under the hood! JMO, buy the radio and use it, if you then feel that it needs to be "tuned and aligned", then have it done. But save your money and use it for a better mic. The HM-36 icom mic (japan model), made a world of difference and also with an adapter I am now using my 2018 extreme mic, and it works well for dx'ing. I am able to turn the mic gain all the way up and the mic volume all the way up and not sound like shit. And it definitely helps with cutting through the pile up, or so I have noticed. Anyway JMO, have a great one and God Bless.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.