• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YOU HAVE TO LOVE THIS PARTICULAR OLD INYERNET SCAM!!

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I always have fun with these!! I have a Polaris Indy Storm 800 snowmobile listed on Craigslist and heres a reply I recieved this morning.......

Yes Thanks for your response... I will love to buy the item but i
will not be able to come and view it because am currently out if
state, note that you will not be responsible for the pick up and
handling, my shipping company will come to the location of the item
for pick up more so i will be paying you via paypal so kindly provide
me with your full name, address of where the item will be picked up
and your paypal email address for the payment.

Derossi.

Here ie my response.....

Let me know what state your in and Ill have one of my guys just pic up the CASH they will then call me and Ill get this machine shipped out to you ASAP!! Make sure they give me $4,000.00 extra in american cash monies to cover shipping and Ill be sure to send you a check for the remainng balance that would be leftover.

Ill start getting it ready IMMEDIATELY heres the address 749 W. State
Street Milwaukee, WI 53233.

Note the address?? Its the MILWAUKEE WISCONSIN MAIN POLICE DEPARTMENT ;) I suppose I better get this machine ready for that shipping company :blink:

I'm getting them where they are basically fishing for your email...you can tell by the bad sentence structure that it is not legit.

And that's Craigslist too...have been trying to sell stuff for a couple months now, and for every legit response, I get four or five of these.

Tony,
I am interested in your Polaris Indy Storm 800 snowmobile listed on Craigslist.
I am currently occupied with other business matters but will gladly send you a Western Union for $175,000 Euro of which you can collect the full amount of the item as well as any shipping charges incurred and any left over balance you can ship back to me with the item.
I just need your full name, address, social security number, credit card number as well as any passwords that you may use.
Please reply immediately.
Thank You,
Honorable Mr. I. B. Scammer III

:D

Reactions: 1 person
Ok my qustion is how are they using Paypal to fraud or is it just to get my paypal info maybe? Ive never seen one where their insisting on Paypal? I had recieved a reply from this @$$clown a few minutes ago......

"I do strictly cash deals but presently, i'm away on an assignment and that is why i am offering to Pay you via PayPal."

Its gotta be a paypal info scam Im gonna respond and say I dont have paypal so now what LOL!! Im gonna ask him for a check so I can frame it like a buddy of mine had done LMAO!!

Here we go

Where does the machine need to get shipped to? Can you just send me a check? I dont have Paypal so now what? I also have other machines if you are interested then we can fill a whole shipping container and make it all worth it even more so!!!

Im gonna drag this one out!!! :bdh:<can not stand it>;):pop:

Ok my qustion is how are they using Paypal to fraud or is it just to get my paypal info maybe? Ive never seen one where their insisting on Paypal? I had recieved a reply from this @$$clown a few minutes ago......

"I do strictly cash deals but presently, i'm away on an assignment and that is why i am offering to Pay you via PayPal."

Its gotta be a paypal info scam Im gonna respond and say I dont have paypal so now what LOL!! Im gonna ask him for a check so I can frame it like a buddy of mine had done LMAO!!

That is just the leader. You haven't seen the excuses they use to use something other than Pay Pal. Just like all the scams plans get changed in mid stream through "no fault of theirs". ^^ ab v c^^

Reactions: 1 person
That is just the leader. You haven't seen the excuses they use to use something other than Pay Pal. Just like all the scams plans get changed in mid stream through "no fault of theirs".

LMAO!! They are simply unreal!!! C.K., The scary part is that there are still people falling for this and even if its 1 out of 1000 people it still keeps the scammers show on the road!!!

i used a garbage email for craigslist dealing just so i can fsck with the scammers without littering my normal email.i should post a shot of a picture frame i have here with 8 counterfeit checks on display.
a friend just got one sent to him for a set of livestock clippers.
the scammer does not care about the "item"
they hope you will cash/deposit the check and send the overage before it bounces."item" is just icieing on the cake!
btw i told him to start a trophy frame too.

this is a scam where they end up sending you something that looks like its from paypal saying that they have the money for your item plus the shipping cost but you need to pay the shipping costs first before they can release the money due to some kind of conflict or another....if you fall for it you will be out the shipping cost

I only deal in cash. If they want to send me a check or money order or anything I tell them to send it to the guy picking up the item and have them bring me the cash. Never once had anyone actually do that. If someone insists on a check I tell them I will not let them have the item until the check clears the bank. When asked if I don't trust them I usually tell them that I didn't trust them before and I really don't trust them now that they actually asked the question. It usually comes in a tone like they are insulted...

That being said, I have been known to pick up items for a friend. He always asks the other party if it is OK first and I always bring the cash with me. This usually only happens with longer drives as I have a more flexible schedule than he does and can fit it in easier... He also tips well, gave me $40 for an hours worth of driving a week ago...

The DB

i`ll take a postal money order but beware of other kinds because they have been faked so much.
recently i sold a item and the guy sent me a m.o. he got at a 7-11 store...
my bank would not cash it...i had to deposit it and wait till it cleared because they have had so much trouble with them...it turned out good but i learned something....they say a postal is much harder to fake plus if you do fake them its the same as counterfeiting money

I only deal in cash. If they want to send me a check or money order or anything I tell them to send it to the guy picking up the item and have them bring me the cash. Never once had anyone actually do that. If someone insists on a check I tell them I will not let them have the item until the check clears the bank. When asked if I don't trust them I usually tell them that I didn't trust them before and I really don't trust them now that they actually asked the question. It usually comes in a tone like they are insulted...

That being said, I have been known to pick up items for a friend. He always asks the other party if it is OK first and I always bring the cash with me. This usually only happens with longer drives as I have a more flexible schedule than he does and can fit it in easier... He also tips well, gave me $40 for an hours worth of driving a week ago...

The DB

Pretty slick.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.