• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your best bet...

74IN

Feb 17, 2003
Labia
Silver and gold have stability, the value is not increasing, the dollar is losing value.

Silver (I've been buying what I can) has increased in dollar value from 28$ an ounce to over 33$ an ounce just in the last couple of months. That's spot value, not what you might pay.

I expect silver to top 50$ by fall, and this is why.

The Federal Reserve, a private bank that controls the printing of US money at a profit, has declared QE2, or Quantitative Easing the second time.

It means that they will flood the money market by ordering the printing of dollars out of thin air. That will create inflation that makes the dollars in your pocket worth less.

You might have noticed the effects of QE2 at the grocery store. Expect it to get worse.

The only cure, end the fed.

YouTube - Ron Paul's Mission: End the Fed

silver and gold are worth more than my dollar so does this mean my money is upside down like tons of homes in the realistate market?

If I owe more than my money is worth am I not owned by another person or entity which makes me a slave to that entity?

The poor house is looking pretty good and if I can't get in there I'll have to get arrested to insure I won't become homeless.

Thanks to 74 for showing me how to better my financial outlook.

What does Gold or Silver taste like when it is cooked ? Better off buying something you can use to protect you and your family with I M O .

Gold and Silver have always been worth something and right now a heck of a lot more than the $!! You will see Gold and Silver to continue to go up with our Government printing more and more $'s which is and will cause inflation to take off at an astrological rate. Gold and silver will follow in value. Just since last year gold is up $336 almost 24% and silver is up $17+, right at a 52% increase. Remember this is in this last year!

I am not a doom and gloom person, however if you have been watching what is going on not only in our country, but in the world. You see financial turmoil everywhere! Within our Government with the 14 trillion dollars in debt, there is NO WAY we will ever be able to work our way out of it without some type of financial adjustment. When this happens, and I don't feel it is very far away, our $ will be worth nothing! You will need junk silver (pre-64 US coins) and silver bullion to barter with. Use gold for your savings, or assurance for the future!

Make sure you are holding the product in your possession, not certificates or notes, they will also be worth nothing!

One more thing, have you noticed the price of food and fuel? Get ready, it is on the rise! Could be as much as 40% on food this year! Put in food and water storage for your family and a means to prepare it!

Even if I am wrong, you are $'s ahead for the future, you can always use the food and water.

C2, thanks for the link, I have listened to this before, THE WHOLE THING! It has a ton of good information, unfortunately most people will not take the time to listen and think about it.

People are funny, and it is understandable, we are so busy is our daily lives trying to make a living, raising a family and meet the immediate needs that they (we) are not looking into the future and many will not do anything until it effect them immediately, by that time it is too late! For those that are listening, get started today! You don't have to do everything immediately, just start with something, a little at a time!

For those that live in large cities, metropolitan areas, think about if you can't purchase food or fuel. Nothing to eat and no way to get out! People will do things they never would when they get hungry. There will be riots in the streets, robberys, rapes, killings, you name it, it is coming.

What does Gold or Silver taste like when it is cooked ? Better off buying something you can use to protect you and your family with I M O .

Better than an FRN.

I already have more guns than I can carry. Couple bow as well.

Uh........yeah.

So let's go ahead and gloom and doom here for a bit.

Say society falls and the grid goes down. No electricity....no banks....no stores. All that will be available is what is in the stores right now...and what you can loot. Because they will be closed because they have no electricity to run the place even to just sell out.

Any money will very quickly become worthless, although if you have and keep money it may have value again later when and if things stabilize.

In the meantime.....things will only have value if you can eat it, wear it, shelter yourself with it, or is a useful tool with which to forward your survival.

If I have a 5 year food supply and a feller walks up with gold coins and wants to buy some food from me.....I will have to tell him "no thanks" and to please move along.....before I shoot ya :D I will have no use for that or any pile of gold coins as I cannot eat them, wear them, shelter myself with them, or think of any immediate way that I can use them as a tool to further my physical survival.

So you go ahead and collect gold and silver coins. I'll collect 50lb bags of rice and beans ect....

Uh........yeah.

So let's go ahead and gloom and doom here for a bit.

Say society falls and the grid goes down. No electricity....no banks....no stores. All that will be available is what is in the stores right now...and what you can loot. Because they will be closed because they have no electricity to run the place even to just sell out.

Any money will very quickly become worthless, although if you have and keep money it may have value again later when and if things stabilize.

In the meantime.....things will only have value if you can eat it, wear it, shelter yourself with it, or is a useful tool with which to forward your survival.

If I have a 5 year food supply and a feller walks up with gold coins and wants to buy some food from me.....I will have to tell him "no thanks" and to please move along.....before I shoot ya :D I will have no use for that or any pile of gold coins as I cannot eat them, wear them, shelter myself with them, or think of any immediate way that I can use them as a tool to further my physical survival.

So you go ahead and collect gold and silver coins. I'll collect 50lb bags of rice and beans ect....

What you are forgetting is that there will always be a form of barter. People will grow gardens, and barter with the extra they can't eat or can. Silver will mainly be use with that because nobody will have the change for gold because of it's value. You might need a product that someone else has, say he shot a deer and didn't have the means to preserve it, so rather than it go to waste he decides to sell or barter with it. He may need to silver to buy services, wood, fuel, clothes, candles, etc and you wanted the meat to feed your family. Silver and gold will always be use in barter/purchase just like the way mankind has always use it.

What you are forgetting is that there will always be a form of barter. People will grow gardens, and barter with the extra they can't eat or can. Silver will mainly be use with that because nobody will have the change for gold because of it's value. You might need a product that someone else has, say he shot a deer and didn't have the means to preserve it, so rather than it go to waste he decides to sell or barter with it. He may need to silver to buy services, wood, fuel, clothes, candles, etc and you wanted the meat to feed your family. Silver and gold will always be use in barter/purchase just like the way mankind has always use it.

I agree that barter/trade will be in operation. What I am saying is that few persons will be interested in accepting "money" in any form in exchange for goods for the reasons I previously offered. And I'll stand by my statement that I will not accept "money" in exchange for any tangible excess goods that I may be willing to barter off. I may trade my cabbage for your cucumbers but I will not trade my cabbage for money. But that's just me and my opinion.

I agree that barter/trade will be in operation. What I am saying is that few persons will be interested in accepting "money" in any form in exchange for goods for the reasons I previously offered. And I'll stand by my statement that I will not accept "money" in exchange for any tangible excess goods that I may be willing to barter off. I may trade my cabbage for your cucumbers but I will not trade my cabbage for money. But that's just me and my opinion.

That's cool, but remember gold and silver are not money. Money will be worth nothing. Gold and silver are commodities just oil, fuel, etc. You may not have something another person is looking for, but he may have something you want and is willing to accept a certain amount of silver for it. He then will be able to use that silver to purchase something that he wants from another person when he doesn't have a product to barter with.

I do respect your opinion, just hope I may have possibly given you something to think about and others who read this thread. Gold and silver will always have value.

In a total collapse of the economy (which I do not think will happen) using gold & silver to barter with will be lovely if you physicaly have it in your posetion and if people don't turn into animals and just try to take what they want or need , in that case lead will be the more precious metal or broad heads or what ever it takes I M O.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.