• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your Favorite Radio & Why

TheRealPorkchop

Certified Sith Pimp
Aug 25, 2015
NC
Like the title says people, what’s your favorite radio and why?

For me, it’s my Magnum S9. The receiver is just great to me, I’ve owned a metric ton of Rangers and Galaxy’s but they haven’t compared to my S9. I also like the round meter. Being able to turn the RF gain all the way down and the squelch also and still hear people is awesome.

So with that said, anybody know if a radio that you can do that with besides the Magnum? And what’s your favorite radio and why?

Reactions: 5 X 5 and 357magnum

I wanted a Cobra 2k since they came out , back then I couldn't afford one . I bought mine about 5 years ago and paid more for it used then when it was new . But heck , I finally got one , just another done up 2k , actually everything I have is old like me !:LOL:

Reactions: Riverman
My all time favorite was a tricked out SEARS 40 channel SSB. May have just been my my favorite since it was gone. Some jerk stole it out of my truck in 1984. Took the radio and Mag Light but left the amplifier.

Second favorite and still have it is a Uniden Washington.

Reactions: 357magnum
S&W , The Sears Road Talker SSB , is the radio that got me hooked on DX and SSB , I guy I worked with had one and I would sit with him @ lunch while he talked dx during a good cycle in the late 70's I believe . Great talking radio .

Reactions: BBI and S&W357
Browning Golden Eagle Mark III. Only downside was it took up the entire back seat whenever I went mobile. :D

On a more serious note, my all-time favorite radio was my Pearce Simpson Guardian 23. Ugly as all get-out and weighed a ton, but it was a great talker with a Turner +2 mic on it. (y)

One more for the Browning Mark III. I had a virgin one I got from a cb shop that went out of buisness Loved that radio.But traded it for a Colt 2400...amost ok...then I traded that...god I was a dumb kid.

Reactions: Riverman
We do dumb things when we’re young. My OG favorite was my Galaxy 77, until I got my S9 and then that was that. But I’ve since hated myself for selling the 77.

So I feel ya.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.