• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ZETAGI BV130-P

DIRTY HARRY

Oct 9, 2006
N.W U.K (ENGLAND)
HI FOLKS, :) CAN ANYBODY TELL ME MUCH ABOUT THE ZETAGI BV130-P?
THERE IS NEXT TO NOTHING OUT THERE ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THIS LITTLE AMP & I PRESUME IT HAS ONE EL509 TUBE?
ALSO WHAT IS THE POWER INPUT & OUTPUT ON DIFFERENT MODES? CHEERS,SHAUN. :D

the bv130 and 130p used a pair of 6jb6's <( expensive and hard to find in the uk ) the 130's had plate and load caps, they also had a small transformer that sometimes gets so hot it melts the meter,

the bv131 is the one that used the el519/el509<( cheaper and easy to find ) and sometimes had a 6kd6,
the 131's had just a tune capacitor they also get so hot it melts the meter when used at full power around 100-120w on fm, they both last ok on ssb so long as you dont hammer them,

max drive into either is about 10w, some 131's had a 4w input switch on the rear.

bob85 said:
the bv130 and 130p used a pair of 6jb6's <( expensive and hard to find in the uk ) the 130's had plate and load caps, they also had a small transformer that sometimes gets so hot it melts the meter,

the bv131 is the one that used the el519/el509<( cheaper and easy to find ) and sometimes had a 6kd6,
the 131's had just a tune capacitor they also get so hot it melts the meter when used at full power around 100-120w on fm, they both last ok on ssb so long as you dont hammer them,

max drive into either is about 10w, some 131's had a 4w input switch on the rear.
CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP BOB85, SO
HOW MUCH DO THESE 6KD6 VALVES GO FOR IN THE U.K & IS THERE A CROSS REFERENCE REPLACEMENT THAT IS CHEAPER?
ALSO IS THAT 10 WATTS MAXIMUM INPUT ON BOTH FM & SSB? :D

i dont know of an equivalent for the 6jb6, the other guys on here would have more idea about that,
my buddy bought a pair from jimfish's aka wilson valves near huddersfield 3 or 4 years back they cost him about 40 quid each :shock: , chelmer valve may have them im not sure,

many people drive them harder than 10w, its not so bad on ssb but they wont last long if you hammer them on fm ;)

Great Aviator Harry !! "quote" after all this excitement , I know what your thinking , did he fire 5 or 6 shots ? beings that this is a 44 Magnum the most powerful hand gun in the world (at the time in 1971 is was) and it will blow your head clean off , Do you feel lucky ? ..........Well do ya Punk ! ?? ;)

i cant remember the voltage but it makes ya jump if you touch it,
they use 2 x 47uf@500v electrolytics in the psu and 380v off load seems to ring a bell but i aint sure.

bob85 said:
i cant remember the voltage but it makes ya jump if you touch it,
they use 2 x 47uf@500v electrolytics in the psu and 380v off load seems to ring a bell but i aint sure.
CHEERS BOB85 :D
YEP THE POWER WENT DOWN ON TX & THE DISPLAY DIMMED THE OTHER DAY. IT HAD ME WORRIED AT FIRST BUT I FOUND THE PROBLEM WAS THE 2 RECTIFIER DIODES THAT ARE NEXT TO THOSE 2x47uf@500V ELECTROLYTICS,BOTH HAD GONE SO I REPLACED THEM WITH 2X1N5408 RECTIFIER DIODES RATED AT 3 AMPS @ 1000V & ALLS WELL & GOOD NOW :D

Zetagi BV 130P

Hi, not sure how old your message is.
I have the same amp this way and have no information on it at all.
I do know that it has two valves as opposed to one.

Mine must be years old and died. I have kept hold of it and had the intentions of finding out more about it myself.

If you have any joy your end, please drop me a line aswell.
I have mine wrapped up awaiting (eventual) repair.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.