• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

102 inch whips for 10 meter vertical dipole

SailorGriz

Jun 23, 2012
If there is already a thread covering this, please direct me! I couldn't find it.

It seems to me that it should be really easy to build and mount a 10 meter vertical dipole using two 102 inch CB whip antennas. But I can't find any information on how to connect them to the coax or how to mount them to a bracket. I want to offset mount the antenna from a metal bracket pushed out from a non-metal post mounted up from the top of either my chimney or part of my roof. I'm thinking a 20 foot section of PVC pipe should work.

Any thoughts, suggestions, direction to information would be appreciated!

k9grz

I think MFJ sells a dipole mount for the whips, might look on their mighty fine page for inspiration for building.

The Francis Amazer:

http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/Glendora_Emergency_Response_Communications/pages/386525

I've seen many pics of what your wanting to do, but they escape me at present.

Last edited:
There are numerous ways of doing it. One of them is to simply buy one of these Simpson Strong Ties from Home Depot and use it.

Use the studs for mounting an antenna to a mirror mount on the "L" bracket. You'll need two of them. Use one with the insulating washer, and one without in each of those two holes. Put you coax on the one that has the insulating washer.

zplate.jpg

no need for 102", The set up I have here is two 5' 6" francis whips on a workman dipole mount at about 25' and it works well on 10/12/15/17 (through a tuner obviouslly)
good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio