• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10m is Open !

I'm getting the east coast line here. Did hear Alabama.Florida and NC is strong . Haven't heard anything west of here. David, where are you hearing ?

Carolinas so far. The band is nice and quiet here, as far as QRN goes. My 100 watts doesn't seem to be doing a lot for me. Even with 200 watts on 11m, I was getting walked on by Indiana, lol.

when 10's open, check out 6 too

well, i guess most of you were on 10, i went up to 6 and was working double hop to soCal from florida with 100 watts (and a homemade 6 ele cubical quad:tongue:)

BTW: don't forget that next weekend is the 10-10 INTERNATIONAL winter phone contest. you don't have to have a 10 10 # to play.

Last edited:
I was on 6 also. Made some contacts there too. could have done better but I only have my maco 5/8 up and it tunes an works some what for a vertical. LOL.

I talked to Florida,Georgia and Alabama yesterday on 10m. Had some sad stuff going on. We were on 28.360 and a guy on 28.363 was giving us S9 splatter.We figured he was on an export. I went up and listened just in time to hear him say he was on an Icom 746 pro and had been in the radio and adjusted the transmit bandwidth. He said he put it where he needed it and closed her up. He said he "was from the old school- don't fix what ain't broke" . He had just got his Tech license in October. Little did he know. Then a guy showed up on 28.355 and splattered us on 360. Just amazing. Other than that it was a great opening. :) I did hear a guy make contact with you Roger.

OPEN/SKIP

YEP a great opening yesterday and today, just working the USA on 10 fm repeaters..what fun

DOCTOR/795

I hope the band opening holds for a few weeks....I am getting really close to having my station up and running..I am hoping baout 2 weeks or so .... :D

Cant wait !! :tongue:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.