• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Didn't fire up the Ranger today like I normally do,had lunch with my Dad and my son at the local Pizza joint after church and than took a 2 hr nap in the afternoon, hope everyone out there had a good day today and let us all remember to keep the folk's out there in the Midwest who were affected by the horrific tornados and Severe weather in our Prayers as they are going to need them as they start to rebuild not only their lives,but home's also!!

73's

Good Dxin' today up until 2PM. Pretty much everywhere west of the Mississippi.
7 to 9 from every state. Even California. Shut down at 2pm to get some lunch, and when I got back around 3. . . Neg-Nada A little later our daily thunderstorm rolled in and it was disconnect the antenna time. Almost 8pm now, and I can still hear the thunderboomers. Tomorrow is another day.

J.J. - 399

Well I took a couple days ( 3.5 hour ) road trip to DTB Radio and Dave did a fine job of aligning my Lincoln. Is nice to understand people when the clarifier is set at 12 Oclock like it is suppose to be but wouldn't you know DX has dropped out so I can't put it thru it's paces checking it out. The radio is running right now and waiting for it to come alive. Like the old saying goes, ( If it wasn't for Bad Luck I'd have No Luck at All ) LOL

E skip season has arrived ! Had short skip contacts in Oregon yesterday and in Yellowstone Park in Montana and Northern California tonight. As well, there's been impressive conditions to Australia & NZ the last couple nights, with some stations at S9+ levels.
Australians were still booming in here at 11:30pm last night including on 35 LSB which is their domestic calling channel. Japan, Indonesia, & Marquesas Islands all in last night as well. Just when you think conditions are dying they come roaring back again !

Haven't really had any Dx activity all week but today I turned on my Cobra 2000 about 5:00 PM and could hear activity but sounded way off and couldn't understand it on 38 LSB even though my freq. counter was showing correct. Even when I turned on my pre-amp I still couldn't understand it. First time I experienced that. Could I have been hearing foreigners from way off but no closer DX I could relate to. A first for me.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Haven't really had any Dx activity all week but today I turned on my Cobra 2000 about 5:00 PM and could hear activity but sounded way off and couldn't understand it on 38 LSB even though my freq. counter was showing correct. Even when I turned on my pre-amp I still couldn't understand it. First time I experienced that. Could I have been hearing foreigners from way off but no closer DX I could relate to. A first for me.
whiteastro -

Tried calling you all day on 38 & 40 but no dice. Pretty much dead, except for the ocassional QSO with a station who managed to break through. Late afternoon SouthEast corner (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and both Carolinas.) Not much trafffic, so solid contacts. Early evening had a long uninterrupted QSO with 475 SAM in Orlando. 50 minutes or so. He was calling CQ. I answered and mentioned that he was breaking up and some Florida locals confirmed it. He changed the battery in his wireless mike and fixed it. He, his locals, and I just shot the shit for the next half hour. After I signed off for the evening, I heard several of his friends remark that they had no idea I was in Colombia. Said I sounded like a local to them. It was the same for them on my end.
Sometimes mother nature has mercy on us poor DXers.

- J.J. 399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.