• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

whiteastro -

Tried calling you all day on 38 & 40 but no dice. Pretty much dead, except for the ocassional QSO with a station who managed to break through. Late afternoon SouthEast corner (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and both Carolinas.) Not much trafffic, so solid contacts. Early evening had a long uninterrupted QSO with 475 SAM in Orlando. 50 minutes or so. He was calling CQ. I answered and mentioned that he was breaking up and some Florida locals confirmed it. He changed the battery in his wireless mike and fixed it. He, his locals, and I just shot the shit for the next half hour. After I signed off for the evening, I heard several of his friends remark that they had no idea I was in Colombia. Said I sounded like a local to them. It was the same for them on my end.
Sometimes mother nature has mercy on us poor DXers.

- J.J. 399
Thanks for trying but I haven't had the radio on much lately because of the lousy DX situation and been busy setting up a new to me re-conditioned Windows 10 computer system. I'm getting sick of Microsoft and will probably start to learn Linux. Microsoft and their Pop-ups are control freaks and want to jam their BS down our throats. I did notice a little Dx yesterday but it was a computer & laundry day for me yesterday. Living alone isn't easy but less stressful. Some of them shouldn't exercise their Freedom of Speech as often as they do. LOL And the Ironic part is they don't want to fight wars in the name of Freedom but they don't want you to have Freedom of Speech. LOL

Think conditions are bad now ? Just wait a few days......it's going to get worse !
X4.5 solar flare and associated CME this morning. Due to hit Earth on the 8th. There have also been several smaller flares in the last couple days, including three others that made it into the 'X' rating......

I figure it's about done until the fall anyhow which for me is OK. I've got so much work to do anyways, including getting the base antler up.
I agree and when the hot weather sets in I can come back in and finish some projects inside where the AC is running. And maybe next winter I can set my butt in the radio room instead of working ! LOL

Reactions: unit_399 and Rwb
She's not quite dead yet folks ! Just made two contacts in Utah with decent signal strength, and I'm hearing some Colorado and California in there at weak levels as well.... So some conditions are still out there !

I got my beam kit bashed back together from spare bits working fine electrically.... did talk to Jamaica for a minute but not much else working for me. I can hear the East coast talking to Houston but I'm seemingly in a dead zone .... a small beam and 1 Kilo Whiskeys and nada.....I'd tear my hair out but I'm bald. I have absolutely no locals to talk to so sad days lol

actually i had several dx connections later nite time,aussies were easy pickins too.on nuther note my sirio 2008 went up another 10 ft.its 35 ft to base.must got it secured good as monday nite we had bad storm here many uprooted trees lectric out n a lite pole half mile away broke but my antennas survived.
i did em just like an old school buisness band radio sales n service friend told me how to do it. eyeing a 75 ft tower not sure if i get it but be nice to be up there

I had a doctor appt. Thursday about 30 miles from the QTH. With the radio "on" all the way up there I only heard a couple truckers. After the appointment I got back in my car, keyed the mic on 38LSB and said "Hey! anyone on frequency?" Only seconds from unkeying I received a reply from someone who was also mobile and about 5 miles away. We talked for a few minutes and then I headed back home. Once at his QTH he called for me and we had a nice 15 minute QSO before I ran out of string, so you never know how silent it is or isn't until you key the mic and say something. (y)
yea, I will start checking the LSB 38. all i hear on AM is ratchet jaws saying they getting off the air, (which they never do). Was going to walmart yesterday and heard a guy in georgia saying he getting off, and was in walmart 45 minutes, come out and he still "getting off" and all the way home ( 17 miles) he "getting off".

DX is booming up here today ! Best conditions in quite a while....... So much for all the predictions of geomagnetic storms and radio blackouts !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 160052.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 160052.png
    353.2 KB · Views: 6
Yeah it was coming in around here, but I couldn't seem to make a contact. But these rugged hills covered with trees are covered with leaves now so I'm not expecting much. Tried a little shouting from the base station this morning with no luck either. Sometimes you eat the bear & sometimes the bear eats you !

Reactions: Rwb and unit_399
From here, It's been a pipeline to South Texas for the last few days. I think I've talked to every station in Corpus Christi now. 1409 out of Dallas has been in on channel 38 every day as well as other Dallas & Fort Worth area stations. Talked to 909 Tony on a couple different frequencies.
Where are all you Texas WWDX'ers at ?? I've worked 226 Brother DXer several times but not lately.

Today I also had multiple contacts up and down the east coast as well.... Carolina's, Baltimore, New England, New York City, etc. etc.
And the area south of the Great Lakes has been booming in.... .Indiana, Ohio, etc.

Seems to be feast or famine on the airwaves these days.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.