• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

10,11,2 meter and 70 cm so quiet you could hear a mouse fart

Reactions: 357magnum
A few contacts in 9 div and New England today.

Very localized...either S7 + and booming, or just barely audible.

Still a littler chatter here and there...neighbors killing me with QRM. Mowing dormant grass on 5 Jan? Lol...

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
A few contacts in 9 div and New England today.

Very localized...either S7 + and booming, or just barely audible.

Still a littler chatter here and there...neighbors killing me with QRM. Mowing dormant grass on 5 Jan? Lol...
shredding leaves

Reactions: 357magnum
This is why I got my license. Despite the dismal conditions on 11 meters, there is always activity on 20 meters during the day and 40 meters day and night. Making contacts is easy.

Still, I miss CB. And as beautiful and sophisticated as my FTDX-3000 is, I still drool over vintage CB base stations and antennas.

Given a good solar cycle, I might make a change. :whistle:

Last edited:
shredding leaves
Waited since last fall for early morning contacts to the UK an beyond, of course this morning at 4-30 am boom, signals all over the place and was so windy and stormy out here at the coast I was afraid to turn the beams into the ENE direction, no contacts made, tried the IMAX vertical, and the wire, but they just laughed and whistled in the wind,lol. Tomorrows another day !
73's Ocean One Cape Hatteras

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.