• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Yep a train wreck down here in Missouri. There was just a big old mess and I didn't have any power to thump.
Heard one in Arkansas must have been line of sight with the hammer dropped but it was a Big Muddy distorted signal. He was making contacts.
I don't want my radio to ever sound that dirty though.

Heard one in Arkansas must have been line of sight with the hammer dropped but it was a Big Muddy distorted signal. He was making contacts.
I don't want my radio to ever sound that dirty though.
A lot of operators are running a class C AM amp on SSB. They have no Idea that their signal sounds like crap.

BTW . . . Channels 36 thru 43 have been booming into Colombia the past several days.

- j
J.J. 399

A lot of operators are running a class C AM amp on SSB. They have no Idea that their signal sounds like crap.

BTW . . . Channels 36 thru 43 have been booming into Colombia the past several days.

- j
J.J. 399
I think so.

Reactions: Rwb
Where are all the WDXers hiding ??
My wife had people from her foundation at our farm this weekend for some sort of meeting. This gave me an excuse to spend the entire weekend DXing. I was on the air Saturday from 12noon EST 'til 6pm, and from 12:30 pm EST 'til 6:00 pm Sunday. I logged 33 contacts on Saturday, and 26 on Sunday. North, South, Eastern and Western US. Even logged 3 staions in Hawaii. But not a single WDXer in the bunch. Where were you guys ?? Called CQ-WDX many times. Never a response. I had 6 Texas contacts, and a couple in Pennsylvania. Y'all must have been watching Formula 1 or NASCAR.

J.J. 399

Where are all the WDXers hiding ??
My wife had people from her foundation at our farm this weekend for some sort of meeting. This gave me an excuse to spend the entire weekend DXing. I was on the air Saturday from 12noon EST 'til 6pm, and from 12:30 pm EST 'til 6:00 pm Sunday. I logged 33 contacts on Saturday, and 26 on Sunday. North, South, Eastern and Western US. Even logged 3 staions in Hawaii. But not a single WDXer in the bunch. Where were you guys ?? Called CQ-WDX many times. Never a response. I had 6 Texas contacts, and a couple in Pennsylvania. Y'all must have been watching Formula 1 or NASCAR.

J.J. 399
I never heard you JJ. But actually, I didn't hear anyone this weekend other than two very faint stations from the UK. Lots of dead air here in west Texas, but I was listening for you.

I never heard you JJ. But actually, I didn't hear anyone this weekend other than two very faint stations from the UK. Lots of dead air here in west Texas, but I was listening for y
Bro DXer -
Evidentally all you were getting was long haul skip. Which explains hearing the UK stations. I'm surprised that I didn't make it to San Angelo, 'cause I talked to operators in Austin, Abilene, Dallas, and Odessa. You're kinda in the middle of all those towns. All of them are around 2700 miles from Megellin. I'll keep trying.

J.J. 399

Bro DXer -
Evidentally all you were getting was long haul skip. Which explains hearing the UK stations. I'm surprised that I didn't make it to San Angelo, 'cause I talked to operators in Austin, Abilene, Dallas, and Odessa. You're kinda in the middle of all those towns. I'll keep trying.

J.J. 399
Oh man!! Yes, I'm surprised I didn't hear you. I must have been inside an invisible dome! Hahaha.. You just never know what's in store when mother nature is in control.
Another day, I hope!

Last edited:
Conditions up here have been good enough to make at least a few contacts every day in between work and other commitments. Stations in Eastern Canada, the Great Lakes region and Texas and Arkansas have been in here strong every day.
I'm also still hearing lots of Brazil, Chile and Argentina on the upper frequencies. I've noticed that the southern parts of South America are heard here far more often than the northern areas, which seems kind of counter-intuitive but that's often the case with radio propagation !

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.