• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

12, 24, and 48 volts????

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
This X Force you tube video has me confused. I guess the new wave of cbers wants different colored LEDs and lighted fans???
They are having a contest for naming this new amp too......I am guessing the Al and Jesse series.
Doesn't look like a new style case to me, just black with different colored LEDs and fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-e9TfXaXiE

If you look inside of one, then put one on some real test equipment, and look at the junk these things put out... you'd call off of their series the "WTF series". JMO

I honestly can't say much... I have one those X-Force splatterboxes (2x4... yes, I know it's the worst one to have, but I don't run more than 17W PEP into it), but I went thru it and put a good switching power supply in, and re-biased all the transistors so they run at class AB with proper thermal tracking. I have had it on a spectrum analyzer and it's not much worse than just the radio alone. The radio I used had all limiters intact, just the ALC was turned up a bit, since I run SSB 95% of the time.

Guilt by association, I suppose, and for that I will admit I am guilty. :LOL:

(edit) Hey Psycho, fancy LED's and lighted fans ARE all the rage these days.... you should see all the radios I get across my bench with all the "changing color" LED's in the meters and different color readouts... It's horrible. In today's world, it's nothing about performance, and ALL about the bling.

~Cheers~

Reactions: 1 person
but I went thru it and put a good switching power supply in, and re-biased all the transistors so they run at class AB with proper thermal tracking.
How were you able to keep (or confirm) the coefficients of the transistor and diode are the same. Are you prematurely pulling the bias to class c, or are you tracking a little slow and still flirting with thermal runaway?

Xforce has been sold. The new owner has more rf knowledge in his little finger than the previous owner (carol). Yes there will always be a place for class c boxes in 11m but expect big changes from xforce in the future.

Xforce has been sold. The new owner has more rf knowledge in his little finger than the previous owner (carol). Yes there will always be a place for class c boxes in 11m but expect big changes from xforce in the future.
Unless they find a way to make them legal there will be nothing "big" from them except the feds shutting them down sometime in the future.

Unless they find a way to make them legal there will be nothing "big" from them except the feds shutting them down sometime in the future.

The funny thing about that is the flamboyant website that's been around for years. I guess the Feds can't use google :)

Ok I read a lot of threads on a lot of forums. What I have gathered is X force sucks, Davemade sucks, and Fatboy sucks. Who makes a good amp?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
X-Force TNT series are good amps considering.....

I agree, unless Peakaboo starts building the mighty Joker Amplifier with RAB (regulated class AB bias) again then a class B X-Force TnT Amp is about as good as it gets. Man Peakaboo used to re-work a Texas Star so it was AB regulated and WOW........smoken.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.