• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

150gtl

Copper & H & Y might not be the same company but it's about the next best thing. Same family runs both and they used to share some wharehouse space. In some cases they refer customers from one to the other. Close enough for me. The only thing you have to watch is they both tend to inflate the shipping and handling alittle.

Sometimes a great deal is not exactly that though. A local guy bought an Astatic 575 mic several years ago, it was ON SALE for 29 dollars. The local shop wanted 55. When the mic finally arrived and he got his statement the total was 53 dollars. There was shipping, handling, a charge for the plug, and a charge to wire the plug. Wow, 2 bucks.

As y'all know the bands opened up day before yesterday, so I worked a little skip. I went down to 26 mhz and made contact with a station in LA. He said the radio ( 150 gtl ) sounded garbeled and my freq. chart showed us on 26.665 and he said we were on 26.695 ? Everything works normally on CB channels 1 through 40 so I ill probably not do anything about it. The only thing I did to this radio was the channel mod. I am still happy with the 150, it's a 17 watt CB for $100. (I was lucky and got one for $99.99.)

Since this was in another thread... I will repost it...

Amazon.com is selling this radio today for $119.50 and giving free shipping

Cobra is offering a rebate of $100 on any one of these 150 GTL's purchased through Oct 15th

Amazon has a link to the Rebate form in pdf format that you can print out. And that includes instruction to fill it out, include a copy of receipt showing purchase date, and the original UPC cut from the box. And also instructs you to send it in within 30 days of purchase.

Net paid in the end....

$19.50

Taa Da!!!!!

here is the link:

Click here

Course it may need work... but who could complain for that price?

i have been seriously considerings one to play with on a few of the repeters up here on 10m. i wish it was a ssb radio though.

Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Please feed back about when and if you get your rebate. I will do the same. Remember to cut the UPC off the box and get all that stuff in within 30 days of the purcase date. Would not be a bad idea to mail it all delivery confirm or registered mail or something. You only get one UPC so... good to have something to argue with.

Ran into it on accident on one final google search. Was about to pay more for it and shipping! Luck was with me.... that day. Note to self... always double check.

Although if you do have a local shop thats good it is always better to support them with a few extra dollars. Just not my situation here.

Update: Its here. Powers up fine. Looks like it can be tricky figuring out what frequency your actualy in. No tune or fine tune but clicks. And a sort of coded read out. I don't intend to mess with it much more and its going back in the box for now. Minus the UPC for the rebate. However, while I was waiting on it I did a little looking around. And to me this is going to be another one of those controversial illegal radios. The mod to unlock 11 meter is within the simple snip cut that describes a radio that is illegal. So my take on it is this radio, is by definition, an illegal radio wether you unlock it or not. I don't intend to unlock it. I got plenty of CB's and don't need another. And I don't intend to use it until I get my ticket to use it as an additional radio to have a cheap 10 meter in the Vehicle. Even then I feel uneasy about it and I don't want to do anything to disrupt my path. So it may get traded off or something. I am concerned about its status. But to me, and my little bit of knowledge of the regs, it is probably still illegal unlocked or not. Because it has the potential to be easy to unlock it. So buy at your own risk. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.