• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38lsb

nat19

Nov 18, 2009
West Virginia
I have made several contacts on 38lsb in the past couple of days here are just a few.
747-canada
007-missouri
1267-missouri
39-kansas
501-missouri
106-michigan
006-canada
327-new york
147-new jersey
Also made contact with unit 777 Bulldog in maine on 38lsb this morning, I belive he is a member here. Conditions were rough but you were sounding good Bulldog! I am using my galaxy 2547 and a maco 5/8 wave antenna which is 16 feet to the feed point.I go buy 254 so if you hear me give me a shout on 38lsb.

Nice score!

I've been getting North/South skip too - here on the West Coast. Made contacts from Canada to Arizona on 38LSB - and everything in between. Including Colorado, Montana, and Utah the last two days - but no farther East than that. Everything West of the Rockies it seems.

Talked to Larry/'DXman'/WR178 almost every day this week.

I am so glad I started shooting skip on ssb. It opened up a whole new world to me and I love it. I don't have a real great setup yet so I hope to improve it soon and make many more contacts. I hope to talk to another continent if conditions are right.

Nice score!

I've been getting North/South skip too - here on the West Coast. Made contacts from Canada to Arizona on 38LSB - and everything in between. Including Colorado, Montana, and Utah the last two days - but no farther East than that. Everything West of the Rockies it seems.

Talked to Larry/'DXman'/WR178 almost every day this week.

Rob get off the ssb Man Am is were to be i have been talking to Ny,Fl,Nj,Ga,Tx,Bam, I have not been try'n to go north or south ....Only when i hear one of Big Brothers north or south but the east is roll'n

Rob get off the ssb Man Am is were to be i have been talking to Ny,Fl,Nj,Ga,Tx,Bam, I have not been try'n to go north or south ....Only when i hear one of Big Brothers north or south but the east is roll'n
I don't have a beam up yet man. Check out Larry/DXman on this site. He has talked over the whole world on SSB with less than a 100 whiskeys and a Maco 5-element beam. Now that's talkin'!

I have talked to those states you've mentioned - and more. But with a vertical an less than a 100 whiskeys. I wait for conditions for now - and a Maco 4-element beam in the near future.

I hear it from all over the place, but mostly north, south, and east of me here in NW Arkansas. I do best in terms of actually making contacts on LSB. I try some AM, but have difficulty competing with stations running power on my barefoot rig. I hear the west coast some, but do not get beyond the rockies very well.

Last edited:
Got ya Man.... The guys on the ground planes are not having any luck here right now ... Get the Beam up and get you some... Swap next Sat. pick a beam up man....Last Swap a guy gave my buddy a 4-element beam for 10m and we are going to set it up for 11m..I got a pdl2 for $50.00 last year there and a Maco 3-element beam for $40.00 like new Man..

I hear it from all over the place, but mostly north, south, and east of me here in NW Arkansas. I do best in terms f actually making contacts on LSB. I try some AM, but have difficulty competing with stations running power on my barefoot rig. I hear the west coast some, but do not get beyond the rockies very well.

I talked to Crazy Crow yesterday in Arkansas

I have found a place online that sells the Maco 4 element beam -new in the box- for $200 & shipping.
(Actually, DXman gave me that tip where to find it)

Sweet deal.

Mount my IMAX 1/4 wave above it and - shazzam!!!

Robb,
I don't usually turn my beam to the east much, only when I may here the upper N. E. states or the Canadian Provinces - other than them places, it's straight south all day.
But, your ground plane is getting a little hard to hear at times - so get cracking and get that 4 element up!!

I think I'm gonna hook up my OmegaForce with the Astatic TUP9 tomorrow.
That radio/mic never has a problem being heard.
I've gotten so much skip with that radio - it's not even funny...

I've gotten so much skip with that radio - it's not even funny...
That's the way it is with me and the beam...
What I do is listen on the GP and then when I hear some one that I want to talk to, I switch to the beam. Just to many stations in my ear when on the beam.

The homemade three element Yagi I had up was a very good antenna, it seemed, with a great side rejection and good back rejection. The front was good for 3 - 5 S units over my omni. Still, I had trouble getting attention from the west coast. Could do up and down the eastern side of the Rockies all day when it ran that way from here. Guess I needed a bigger one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.